Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FOR SALE - 1920's JC Penny Marathon VELOUR Western Hat SZ 7 1/8 - 7 1/4 - EBAY

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=281177252425

Up for sale is a GORGEOUS 1920's J.C. Penny Marathon VELOUR Western SIZE 7 1/8. It is marked 7 1/8, but its the biggest 7 1/8 I have ever seen. It will also fit a small - regular 7 1/4 as well. (See measurements at the end of the description) The felt on this hat is absolutely outstanding. There are a couple small moth nibbles, but its about 97% perfect. Because of the long hair nap of the velour, they are really pretty unnoticeable. If you take a look at the pictures, they show the wonderful condition that this hat is in. Its a beautiful golden wheat/tan color. The sweatband is in phenomenal shape and is still very soft and pliable. From the factory, the sweatband was sewn into the hat with about 6-8 basting stitches. I looked at the original reed tape and could find no evidence that this sweatband was ever sewn into the hat through the reed tape. VERY interesting. The pictures really show its true detail and condition.

The Dimensions Are As Follows:

Brim: 3 3/4 Inches Wide WITH the curl, or 3 1/2 Inches Wide not counting the curl

Crown: 6 3/4 Inches Tall

Ribbon: 1 1/8 Inches Wide

Sweat Circumference: 7 7/8 x 6 5/8 (22.8 inches in Circ.) Very Big Size 7 1/8 or a Small - Regular Size 7 1/4

Very, very nice old lid, Josh.

Here's hoping you get your price, and here's hoping the next owner appreciates that hat for the truly extraordinary hat it is.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Very, very nice old lid, Josh.

Here's hoping you get your price, and here's hoping the next owner appreciates that hat for the truly extraordinary hat it is.

Wow. Very cool western.

It's quite astonishing that this hat can't even garner bids over $75.[huh]

I will say, with one day listings, you're not helping yourself. For a decent price, my experience is that at least 3 days are required for enough people to see it.

Thank you gentlemen. This is a spectacular hat and is worth much more than I'm asking for it. I usually do 3 day auctions, but to be honest, almost every time I sell a hat on ebay, 9.5 out of 10 bids are from lounge members anyways. I wanted to try doing a 1 day auction with this hat. If it doesn't meet the reserve this time, its going to a 3 day auction but the reserve is going up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy