Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For Sale: 1930-40s German Pinstripe DB Suit (US 42-44 / EU 52-54)

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Offering a great mid-30's-40's German DB suit in a good larger size.

(Note: To enlarge the photos, open them in your browser, by simply pulling them into your address bar or right-click to "view image".
The bulging on the photos right side is merely from pinning the sz.42 jacket to a sz.38 mannequin.
Also the sleeves are of equal length... the placement on the mannequin/photo makes one sleeve appear slightly longer).

AnzugSchwarzNadelstreifen1.jpg

Tailormade with no label (as common on period German suits).
Very sturdy fabric (but soft grip - not stiff) and workmanship - this suit sure can take a beating and will serve the next owner for many years to come.

Condition is very good. No rips, holes, tears or shine.

AnzugSchwarzNadelstreifen.jpg

Fabric is heavy black wool with white pinstripes. Wide peaked lapels, accentuated waist, lowest button on pocket line, flapped side pockets, well padded shoulders, unvented back... Pants with pleats, piped side pockets, fob/watch pocket and button fly.

Jacket is lined with silky black fabric, the sleeves and waistband with typical striped lining material.

The size would be a US 42 / EU 52 but could fit also US 44 / EU 54. Best check the exact measurements below.
The pants waist can be let out at the rear seam by 1.2 inches or taken in with the two side straps - jacket fit can be adjusted by button placement.
The pant cuffs can be let out by max 3.5 in / 9 cm. If minor adjustments are required (false pant cuffs, adjusting button placement or sleeves, letting out waist etc.) I can do them for the buyer free of extra charge.

Measurements:

Shoulder 18.9 in / 48 cm
Sleeves 25.75 in / 66 cm (they have been let out by 5 cm back then - a strip of black herringbone wool cloth extends each sleeve lining)
Chest 22.5 in / 57 cm
Waist 21.5 in / 54.6 cm
Back 31.5 in / 80 cm

Waist 37 in / 94 cm
Leg (inside) 30 in / 76.2 cm
Leg (outside) 42 in / 106 cm
Leg bottom width 11 in / 28 cm

Pickstitched canvas in lapels - small, angled chest pocket:
AnzugSchwarzNadelstreifen3.jpg

AnzugSchwarzNadelstreifen6.jpg

The stripe matching at the back seam is a bit... hmm let's say it adds a robust charm to it. :rolleyes:

AnzugNadelschwarz1.jpg

Suspender buttons and extender tabs + belt-loops / turn-up cuffs can be let out:
AnzugSchwarzNadelstreifen4.jpg

AnzugSchwarzNadelstreifen5.jpg

It may not be the most fancy or exquisite suit but period German suits in sizes larger than US 36-40 are very hard to come by... and often enough sleeves and legs are rather short :eek: - so here might be an opportunity for someone looking for a period continental European suit in a larger size and very good condition.

Price would be 240 USD + 50 USD shipping to US
+ 25 USD shipping to Europe
+ 10 USD shipping to Germany

Shipping via DHL with insurance and tracking.
For shipping to other destinations (or any other questions) don't hesistate to ask. :)

Anyone interested might PM me.

Best Regards!

Last edited:

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Got it today. Absolutely magnificent suit, exactly as advertised. However . . . the waist, even when let out, is awfully snug. Makes me all the more determined to take this extra weight off.
The jacket, BTW, fits beautifully.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Wore the suit (actually just the jacket) for the first time for the Grand Central Terminal 100th Anniversary celebrations last Friday. I have to say, I'm gonna have to lose a couple of pounds before I can get into the pants, but my goodness, I have to say again, this suit is like brand new, looks like it may hardly ever been worn at all. Just stunning. It has inspired me to finally get serious about losing a few pounds. ;)

Last edited:

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
dherman1, I'm very glad that the suit delights you. :eusa_clap
The cut has everything one could ask from a 30-40's doublebreasted (non-sport) suit... too bad (for me) that it is not two sizes smaller. ;)

It's indeed almost as new... but I think this is also due to the resilient and sturdy fabric. The rough, "fuzzy" surface makes it easy to brush and prevents dirt from "sticking". It's quite apparent that this suit was solidly made to last and wear for many years.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner