Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FOR SALE - 1930's Mallory Gold Medal Lightweight SIZE 7

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Here's an interesting hat for sale. I am going to tell you right off the bat that this hat is NOT perfect or museum quality, but its a very neat piece. Its a 1930's Mallory Gold Medal, and even though its not specified on the sweatband, this hat is a lightweight felt. The felt is thinner, there is less shellac, and the overall weight of the hat is light. There are a couple issues with the felt. The biggest issue is the moth hole on the side by the bow. Besides that, the felt on the top of the the hat is very clean. On the underside of the brim, there are a couple nibbles, but nothing too serious. The unreeded sweatband has popped some stitches, but is still securely positioned inside the hat. This is VERY common with 30's hats, and usually the popped stitches can be secured with a simple needle and thread.

The crown block is VERY straight and coupled with the short brim makes for the perfect 30's hat. The pictures really speak for the condition. Like I said, its not a perfect hat, but is still a very neat hat from the 30's.

Crown: 5 1/2 inches tall

Brim: 2 1/16 inches wide

Ribbon: 1 1/4 inches wide

Circumference: Aprox. 22 inches (Size 7)

I'm asking $55 SHIPPED to anywhere in the CONUS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner