Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For Sale - 1930's Pennys (LEE) Marathon Homburg Size 7 Dark Green

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
For sale is an absolutely gorgeous 1930's Pennys Marathon Homburg which was made by the LEE hat co. This hat has some rare features. The color is actually a darker green than what appears in the pictures. Not only is it in wonderful condition, but it still retains the basting stitches in the ribbon which was a signature 1930's attribute for hats. It has a very rare sweatband treatment where the front leather of the sweatband was tucked inwards and stitched to provide the hat wearer added comfort and sweat protection. I have seen this sweatband treatment only on one other LEE and have never seen it on another Marathon labeled hat. Its a beautiful hat in great shape and I'm getting rid of it to make room for other hats that I have recently purchased.

I'm asking $85 shipped to anywhere in the CONUS.

DSC06713.jpg

DSC06714.jpg

DSC06715.jpg

DSC06718.jpg

DSC06719.jpg

DSC06720.jpg

DSC06726.jpg

DSC06729.jpg

DSC06731.jpg

DSC06732.jpg

Last edited:

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
If there's no interest here, its going on ebay later tonight. I wanted to keep these rare and awesome hats within the lounge if I could.

Walt

One of the Regulars
Great color! Would be nice to see a natural light photo without the flash to better see how dark the color is, but that's just for my aesthetic pleasure as it's way too small for me otherwise I'd be all over it.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
The hat is a true size 7. It measures 22 inches around the sweatband, and is very comfortable. The actual color is a very dark green. The pictures taken with the flash make the hat appear very green, but in reality its pretty dark. This color is to green as navy blue is to blue, lets put it that way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran