Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FOR SALE -1940s BILTMORE Buckhorn Western SZ 7 1/8 UK (7 1/4 US) - EBAY

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
I wear a size 7 LO, but every once in a while I can wear a 7 1/8. I bought this hat in hopes that it would fit. well.......its HUGE on me. It measures 23 inches in circumference. I know Biltmore used to use UK sizing because I have owned a couple pre-1950's Biltmore's and they have all measured according to the UK size chart. This one is no exception. I am not sure when they started using USA sizing. At 23 inches, this hat is close to a 7 3/8, but would fit a large 7 1/4 very comfortably.

ON EBAY:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VTG-1940s-BILTMORE-Buckhorn-Cowboy-fur-felt-Hat-OFF-WHITE-SZ-7-1-8-UK-7-1-4-US-/281577070478?

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
How is the felt on this one? Soft, firm, easy to dry crease, etc? Thanks Josh.

The finish is very soft and very easy to dry crease. Like many other pre-1960 westerns I have handled, the felt is not loaded with shellac and the brim is not stiff as a board. Its only a little thicker than a regular dress weight hat. It appears to have been a lighter weight western because the inside of the crown is sanded and there is a tip printing. That leads me to believe this hat never had a liner and was meant to be a lighter weight hat. These old westerns are great because they have such great felt and pliability......not like the later stuff that was stiff as a board.

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Congrats Joao! That is a great hat and perfect for you. Can't wait to see it in the WHAYWT thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy