Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For Sale - 1940's Stetson Vita Felt Size 7

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Hello Everyone,

This is an interesting hat. Its a vita-felt which has a great smooth texture and its finished very nicely. This hat would make a great "beater" or a project for a new sweatband. It appears that sometime in this hats lifetime, the sweatband was trimmed to be less wide and a corrugated section was stitched into the front of the sweatband (probably by the dry cleaners, see pictures). Its very similar to what Borsalino uses. Its a very comfortable 7 and the sweatband measures from 22 - 22 1/8 inches in circumference. Its main flaw is that there is a good amount of moth tracks on the hat. There are no moth holes, or moth divots, just some tracks (See pictures). It really doesn't effect the overall look of the hat. Its a beautiful grey/blue color with a very thin ribbon. This hat has obviously seem some use in its lifetime, but like I said, it would make a great hat to wear around the house, for doing lawn work, tossing on with a pair of jeans, or whatever you can think of where you wouldn't have to worry about tossing it around.

Brim: 2 5/8 inches wide

Open Crown: 5 1/2 inches tall

I'm asking $50 shipped to anywhere in the CONUS

DSC07416.jpg

DSC07418.jpg

DSC07419.jpg

DSC07420.jpg

DSC07422.jpg

DSC07423.jpg

DSC07424.jpg

DSC07425.jpg

DSC07428.jpg

DSC07429.jpg

Last edited:

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
My dad was impressed with my Vtg. Stetson OR the other day and said he would like one in a size 7. Hmmmm..........

Its a really neat hat. It needs some work and is far from mint, but its still a very wearable and useful hat. Plus its Vita-felt....and where can you buy that stuff nowadays... ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff