Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For Sale: 1950s/60s Knox Fedora 7 3/8 LO Cavanagh Edge

CONELRAD

One of the Regulars
This is a beautiful size 7 3/8 long oval Knox fedora in a very dark charcoal grey, likely made in the early 1960s, but it retains the proportions of the 1950s. Color is a little darker in person than in the pictures.

Condition is basically flawless, about as clean as they come. The only thing resembling a flaw is a tiny, possibly moth-inflicted spot toward the rear end of the crown where the nap of the felt is thinned, which is too minor to even capture in a photograph, and is definitely not noticeable in the least. A small amount of the gold print on the liner crest has come off, as well.

Brim is 2 1/8 inches with Cavanagh edge, crown is 4 3/4 as creased at the highest point, 5 1/2 open.

Size is 7 3/8 Long Oval, head opening measures just over 8 inches front-to-back and just under 6 1/2 side-to-side. Seems to fit true to size, as I am a 7 3/8, and this one is a little too long in the oval and a little too narrow on the sides for me.

Really a nice looking hat, if it fit me properly, I'd keep it.

Asking $150 shipped in the continental United States.

Knox1.jpg Knox2.jpg
Knox3.jpg Knox4.jpg
Knox5.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana