Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For Sale-1950's STETSON Open Road SIZE 7 1/2 LO

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Hello Everybody,

Up for sale is a 1950's Stetson Open Road in 7 1/2 LO. For all you larger headed fellows that would love to get your hands on some wonderful vintage felt, nows your chance!! I know, I know, it doesn't say "Open Road," but we all know what this is. Not every single open road, or strat said what they were, but after looking at the pictures and reading the dimensions, it will be aparent that its an Open Road. Its in wonderful condition with NO moth damage. It could probably use a good naptha bath after 60 years in a box, but its in very nice shape. The color is pretty hard to describe and does appear to be lighter in the pictures due to the flash. If I had to try and describe the color, I would say its a Greenish-gray. It comes with the original box, which isn't in the best of shape, but its original to the hat. It also comes with a very cool original Stetson Inspection tag that I found inside the box.

I'm asking $185 SHIPPED to anywhere in the CONUS. PM me if your interested.

Dimensions:

Brim: 2 3/4 Inches Wide

Open Crown: 5 1/2 Inches Tall

Ribbon: 3/8 Inch Wide

Brim Binding: 1/8 Inch Wide

Front pinch height (creased): 4 3/4 Inches tall

Rear (creased): 4 1/2 Inches Tall

IMAG0081.jpg

IMAG0067.jpg

IMAG0082.jpg

IMAG0073.jpg

IMAG0072.jpg

IMAG0070.jpg

IMAG0083.jpg

IMAG0061.jpg

IMAG0053.jpg

IMAG0057.jpg

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
What a great hat. If I did not already have two Silverbelly Open Roads already that would have been mine! I love that bash on an Open Road. I'm not an LBJ kinda guy so the Cattleman Crease does not work for me. Nothing wrong with it just not my style.

Falstaff

New in Town
I think that bash looks really good on an Open Road as well. They look so good with everyday casual clothing.

ideaguy

One Too Many
Darn! today's my birthday, and I was hunting for a hat to replace my favorite...which blew off my head - into the Connecticut River...from an old
bridge 40 ft. over the water (otherwise would've jumped right in after it-LOVED that hat...); if there's any more 7 1/2 L/O's out there-or 7 3/8's...
let poor forlorn 'ol me send you some $$.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925