Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FOR SALE - 1970's Hard On brown leather motorcycle jacket

Man of Vintage

A-List Customer
For sale - 1970's "Hard On" brown leather motorcycle jacket - fits like a 40-42. Unsure of leather type. Bi-swing back.

Collar has hidden snaps to keep collar flat while riding a bike. Chest pockets with tear drop Talon pulls - sleeves have Talon zips - main zip is Talon and all zips work. Hand warmer pockets do not contain zippers. There may be some minor scuffs here 'n' there on the leather and in the liner, overall in very good condition.

Asking $150 (includes shipping) anywhere in CONUS. Payment via Paypal "friends style" or add 3% for a Paypal invoice.

Measurements while zipped:

Pit to pit: 21"
Shoulder seam to shoulder seam: 19"
Shoulder seam to sleeve cuff: 24.5"
Back of collar seam to bottom hem of jacket: 25"

IMG_20210627_184217.jpg
IMG_20210627_184242.jpg
IMG_20210627_184259.jpg

For sale - 1970's "Hard On" brown leather motorcycle jacket - fits like a 40-42. Unsure of leather type. Bi-swing back.

Collar has hidden snaps to keep collar flat while riding a bike. Chest pockets with tear drop Talon pulls - sleeves have Talon zips - main zip is Talon and all zips work. Hand warmer pockets do not contain zippers. There may be some minor scuffs here 'n' there on the leather and in the liner, overall in very good condition.

Asking $150 (includes shipping) anywhere in CONUS. Payment via Paypal "friends style" or add 3% for a Paypal invoice.

Measurements while zipped:

Pit to pit: 21"
Shoulder seam to shoulder seam: 19"
Shoulder seam to sleeve cuff: 24.5"
Back of collar seam to bottom hem of jacket: 25"

View attachment 343749 View attachment 343750 View attachment 343751

Excellent. Wish it were bigger. GLWS.

itsallgood

One of the Regulars
That's a nice looking jacket. Sure looks like a horsehide to me. Jonesy, was that a retailer? Or did they produce stuff? I ask because that quilted liner makes so much sense here, we're having a cold summer in the SF Bay Area right now.

fwiw, looks like it was a short-lived business. A 20-second internet search on the address indicates they got their business license in 1978 and had it suspended in 1980. No matter, nice jacket!

GLWS. If it fit like a 44, I'd buy it.

Last edited:

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Polk street San Fran is down the road from Johnson. This brand is actually called hard on... maybe they should use my drawing of a rooster at 8 years old as the mascot. good luck with the sale!

Motocann

One Too Many
Cool jacket! When I first moved to SF I lived on Hyde St, just around the corner from this place. The neighborhood had really gone down by then, but it's changed a lot with the high rents.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko