Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For Sale: Brown 3-piece suit

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
I haven't worn this suit in a while, so I'd like to sell it to make room in my wardrobe. There are no tags on the inside. Brown herringbone fabric with a blue pinstripe. Jacket is 2 button, three inside pockets, single rear vent. Waistcoat has four pockets. Trousers have a zip fly, one rear pocket, slant side pockets, waist adjusters, and turn-ups. Very good condition, the trousers have been let out and lengthened as far as they will go, so there's room to take in but not let out. Dates to probably 1970s.

Measurements laid flat

Jacket
Underart to underarm: 22"
Shoulder width: 18"
Length from nape of neck: 29.5"
Shoulder seam to cuff: 24"

Waistcoat:
Underarm to underarm: 21.5"
Back length: 22.5"

Trousers
Waist: 18.5"
Inseam: 29"
Outseam: 40.75"
Cuff: 9"

DSC08517.jpg

DSC08507.jpg

DSC08515.jpg

DSC08510.jpg

DSC08514.jpg

DSC08512.jpg

Asking £55 total shipped to the UK, £65 shipped to the Continent, £75 shipped to the US. Anywhere else please ask for a quote. The hanger is not included.

Edward

Bartender
I would say the jacket was either a 42 or a 40, depending on manufacturer. I find that in some brands I wear a jacket labelled a 42, whereas in others I'm a 44. The commonality is that all my jackets tend to have approx 45-46" round the chest. 44" round the chest is a little tight on me, depending on the fit. FWIW, if it's vintage or modern higher end (e.g. Jermyn Street brands) as opposed to High Street, then it's more likely in my experience to be nominally a 42 than a 40.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn