Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For Sale Good Wear Werber A-2 Size 42-44 patched $300 US

CBI

One Too Many
Selling this excellent Good Wear Werber contract A-2 in size 42 (marked 44).

Shinki Horsehide

This jacket was made for me by GW and I have enjoyed wearing it. It has always been a trim/glovelike fit on me but I am wearing jackets with roomier/looser fits now so I don’t mind letting this one go. I suppose I could try stretching/expanding the entire jacket but maybe eventually I will go with a larger size. I think I took the “trim/military fit” idea a little too far with some of my A-2’s!!!!! I painted a squadron patch and my name on the jacket and wore it that way for about a year. I decided to change the painting but never really completed the new project. I had this killer original layered leather 20th Air Force patch and a name strip sewn on. I have removed the name strip. You can see where a small portion of the painting job was around 7 ‘o’clock below the patch, this could be died/aged. There are stitch holes where the name strip was of course but that can be covered with a new strip, wings, etc. Hardly visible where the name strip was, was where my name was painted but removed. There is paint under the patch so if its removed, it would need to be repainted/re-dyed under it. There is a also an AAF insignia painted (by me) on the left shoulder that has some nice wear to it. The jacket has no other tears, issues. There are natural signs of wear, scuffs/scratches from wear not “aged”. I did receive some hot water treatment but it was worn/hanger dried not in dryer. I see there is a Good Wear Combat Clone A-2 on the GW site with an original patch and name strip for $800 so I think $300 shipped in the US is more than a deal for this Werber one with its few issues. No, I did not have the sleeves shortened on this one, it was made for me. Repro Waldes Zipper

Europe will be $350 shipped. Europe folks, please don’t ask me to falsify the customs form, I am not comfortable with that and will pass on those offers……..sorry. PM me with questions, first one to say, “I will buy it” gets it. PayPal please. The patch alone is worth about $200. Measurements in inches, jacket laying flat, taut but not stretched:

Pit to Pit: 22 inches

Front-Length (windflap): 22 3/4 inches

Back (neck seam to end of knits-includes knits): 24 7/8 inches

Sleeve (shoulder seam to end of knits - includes knits): 23 inches

Shoulders straight across: 18 inches

Breast patch: 5 1/4 inches diameter

Name Strip holes: 4 1/8 x 5/8 inches

AAF Shoulder insignia: 2 1/2 inches diameter

This jacket looks super.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members