Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FOR SALE: HIGHWAYMAN by AERO LEATHER

Lungomare

A-List Customer
Hello and Good Evening!

I am impassioned of quality clothing and have been reading here a lot of threads for a long time now, and today I would like to offer one of my jackets – a Highwayman by Aeroleather.

Sizing:
It is a regular size 38 with the following modifications:

The back length is longer than standard sizing: 65,5 cm / 26”, equally the sleeves, which are 68,0 cm / 26.7”.

The shoulders are 48 cm / 19” (which is exactly what the regular size 38 comes out).

I am 184 cm, slim, and my present weight is 75 kg.

Sleeves are without storm cuffs.

Leather is the standard brown heavy front quarter horsehide.

Lining is the brown cotton drill.

There is a name tag sewn in the lining, but I’ll take it out, of course.

This jacket is right in the fine condition as I got it in the end of April this year. I just wore it about ten times, so it isn’t broken in, yet. It still has the fantastic smell of Aero’s front quarter horsehide and still stands on its own. There are no scratches or other injuries, and I am a non-smoker.

I have added a lot of pictures so that you can see exactly what you get. The pictures are unrefined (no photo shop!) and were done both in available light and with flash.

Costs:
A new jacket is GBP 520.00 / USD 847.00 / EUR 587,00 and I will reduce it by 30%. So I sell it for GBP 364.00 / 593.00 USD / 411,00 EUR. Shipping within Europe is free, overseas it is GBP 26.50 / USD 43.00 / EUR 30,00.

Why I do sell it? Easy to answer: Although Aero’s brown front quarter horsehide is the most beautiful I know, brown is not my favorite colour and doesn’t match the colours of my wardrobe’s garments, and I want to get a black Highwayman.

If you are interested, please send me a private message.

Thanks and kind regards,

Johannes

Pictures:

Lungomare

A-List Customer
Good luck. Great deal for someone. I asked that this be moved to the Classifieds section. Just so you know it will move...

Good luck!

"Great deal for someone" - really no one that is interested?

Kind regards,

Johannes

Last edited:

HorseHide

One of the Regulars
"Great deal for someone" - relly no one that is interested?

Kind regards,

Johannes

Johannes

Let me start by saying that it is a beautiful coat but because of the added length it will not work for me. As someone not interested in purchasing the coat, I'll observe that this coat is available from AeroUSA for $764 (it's a sale price but it's been "on sale" for most of the summer). For US buyers, your price represents only a 22% discount off of that price. Maybe not such a great deal.

HH

Disagree, but lower is always easier to move. 22% discount, no wait, and shipping a little less too. Dunno, if it fit me, I'd offer something up, but I already have two more on the way...

HorseHide

One of the Regulars
I agree with your last comment Butte - if it was standard sizing I would have already "engaged in a dialogue" about price. :cool:

Lungomare

A-List Customer
Hi!

Thanks for the comments!

Well the Jacket's measures aren't far away from standard sizing. The back length will fit anyone from 180 cm - 190 cm height, I assume. Just measure a jacket that fits you in order to estimate how the Highwayman would fit your body.

Kind regards,

Johannes

P.S.: "Engaging in a dialogue about price" - why not!

Well, I win - Aero just raised prices last night. It's a bargain! Check it out. It's due to hide/shipping increases. This jacket is now a legit steal! :)

Lungomare

A-List Customer
Well, I win - Aero just raised prices last night. It's a bargain! Check it out. It's due to hide/shipping increases. This jacket is now a legit steal! :)

Hello!

Just had a look at Aero's homepage - indeed, the Highwayman is now GBP 100.00 more than yesterday. This makes my offer much more interesting for buyers, because now it is more than 40% less. I think I'd offer it at ebay's starting with Saturday.

Kind regards,

Johannes

P.S.: "Engaging in a dialogue about price" is o.k., but only if you increase it! :)

P.P.S.: That's me wearing the "1950 Flight Jacket" by Aero:

Jens_Hoppe

New in Town
Man, it's awesome, and just my size as well! (I'm about 190 cm and 75 kgs, so there's no way an off-the-rack Aero jacket will fit me properly). Now, if only I had 411 EUR lying around somewhere... :-(

Jens_Hoppe

New in Town
Ha, you did that when you posted those pictures of the jacket! :)

Anyway, a couple of questions:

The back seems a little short on you, considering the 26" back length. The 26" is measured from collar seam down, right?

The chest width of 57-58 cm (22.5" 'ish) sounds like a lot, for a size 38 jacket. Assuming we are of similar build, how much room would you say the jacket has in the chest? (And can I ask what you own chest measurement is - mine is about 39", which means a pit-to-pit of about 21.5" is usually ideal in a fitted jacket).

Lungomare

A-List Customer
Ha, you did that when you posted those pictures of the jacket! :)

Anyway, a couple of questions:

The back seems a little short on you, considering the 26" back length. The 26" is measured from collar seam down, right?

The chest width of 57-58 cm (22.5" 'ish) sounds like a lot, for a size 38 jacket. Assuming we are of similar build, how much room would you say the jacket has in the chest? (And can I ask what you own chest measurement is - mine is about 39", which means a pit-to-pit of about 21.5" is usually ideal in a fitted jacket).

Hello!

The 26" is measured from collar seam down, right?

Yes, it is! I measured it again, and it is 26"!

And can I ask what you own chest measurement is - mine is about 39"

My chest measurement is about 38"; wearing a fleece shirt under the jacket in winter works fine, but the jacket is snug fitted then and stays comfortable.

The chest width of 57-58 cm (22.5" 'ish) sounds like a lot, for a size 38 jacket.

Yes, indead it does! The chest width is difficult to measure, because there are the side parts of the jacket (which are adjustable by the side adjusters). I measured again and took exactly the chest round about, which is 44"; take half for the chest - exactly 22".

In the photos I just wore a Polo-shirt, and - as I wrote above - a midweight fleece shirt under this jacket is comfortable. A thick winter pullover (jumper, sweater, etc.) makes it tight and snug fit, but not uncomfortable.

Tell me if you'd want me to do a photo with a fleece shirt or a pullover underneath.

Feel free to ask more!

Kind regards,

Johannes

Last edited:

Brando11

A-List Customer
Hi there Lungomare-

I'm about to order a Long Half Belt Deluxe and I was wondering what finish that black 1050 Flight Jacket is. Is that Vintage Black FQHH? It's exactly what I'm looking for-

Thx-
-Brando

Lungomare

A-List Customer
Hi there Lungomare-

I'm about to order a Long Half Belt Deluxe and I was wondering what finish that black 1050 Flight Jacket is. Is that Vintage Black FQHH? It's exactly what I'm looking for-

Thx-
-Brando

Hello Brando!

The 1950 Flight Jacket is n o t the vintage but the standard black FQHH (after a one year's time of breaking it in).

Kind regards,

Johannes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic