Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For Sale: NEW Aero Russet Jerky Horse A-2, Size 46--Stunning Jacket!

Juanito

One of the Regulars
I purchased this jacket about a week ago from 269sqnhudson over on the VLJ site--the original purchaser of this jacket. It is all that he described and more--simply a stunning jacket. That said, no matter how much I want it to fit, it is simply too large for my frame. For reference, I am 5'8", wear a 16 x 33 dress shirt, weight 180 right now, and size 46 Good Wear jackets that fit John, typically fit me very well. This one is probably a size too larger in the shoulder area and about 2" long in the length for my torso.

It has not been worn except for trying it on about 4 times trying to convince myself this is the jacket, but just like in Cinderella, the mirror doesn't lie.

The jacket itself is Russet Jerky Horsehide with mustard/khaki liner and caramel knits (the correct two-weave type in very nice solid wool). I am using 269sqnhudson's original detailed photos with Tom's permission.

It is made to the 42-15142 pattern but with Aero's Quartermaster contract label.

Measurements (accurate/verified):
  • Pit to Pit - 24.75"
  • Back Length - 24.5" from base of collar to the waistband, 27" from base of collar to bottom of waistband
  • Sleeve Length - 26"
  • Shoulders - 19.25"
I am asking slightly less that what I paid for it $400. My PayPal invoice with the exchange rate was $432. Shipping within the US will be via USPS Priority Mail Large Flat Rate Box for $18.90, International shipping will also be via USPS Priority Mail for the exact cost.

While it is an outside chance, I would be ecstatic to trade is for an essentially identical jacket (Aero Russet Horsehide) in a 44.

Payment via PayPal--thanks!

This is the best representation of the color:

Rosecitymike

One of the Regulars
Hope this isn’t a stupid question—is the sleeve length to the end of the leather or to the end of the storm cuff?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21