Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For Sale: Resistol Double X Dakota Sz 7

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
For your perusal, a Resistol, raw edged, Open Road style hat in size 7.

This hat is too small for me. It was purchased from our fave auction site during a period when I thought I'd be sending hats out for sizing, modification, etc... Reality: It's not happening...so it falls to you!

126-2626_IMG.jpg

126-2627_IMG.jpg

126-2628_IMG.jpg

I did re-bash this hat using the steam method into a pretty fair diamond bash. This hat is rather on the stiff side, I will tell you. It could use a little more brim shaping IMHO. There are a few dirt marks on the crown area from the original cattleman's crease, and a bit of a stain on the snap portion of the brim. Most intrepid home hatters on the forum would have no problems cleaning these up.
The remains of the paper tag inside label the style as Dakota, Size 7, color
as 071 Silver Belly and the brim width of 3"
126-2631_IMG.jpg

The band is marked: Resistol "Self-Conforming" XDoubleX Made in Texas USA.
It is also marked Ivey Family Clothes Chiefland FL
The sweat is a dark brown leather with a little wear to the gold lettering, Sweat is supple with no signs of cracking or dry rot.

126-2629_IMG.jpg

126-2630_IMG.jpg

$40 plus USPS shipping to all continental US denizens. I will ship to other North American destinations, so any/all interested parties please PM me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran