Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For Sale: Resistol Open Road style fedora - 7-5/8

TPD166

One Too Many
Resistol Saddler (Open Road style), size 7-5/8, in Silverbelly 2X. I bought this hat on ebay hoping to re-size it to a 7-1/2. I had it cleaned and re-blocked to a fedora (and asked for size reduction) at Clean-A-Hat, but the re-sizing either did not take, or did not occur. Since then I have found two others in my size, so this one is available for anyone who needs a Saddler in 7-5/8!

It is a very nice vintage 2X Resistol with an approximate 4-1/2” bashed crown, and a 2-5/8” bound brim. The only issues with this hat is that the leather sweatband came back to me “wavy” – I have placed it on a block (not a stretcher) and it has flattened out for the most part (see photos). Also, when I bought the hat, there was a small, perfectly round, hole in sweatband next to the bow (looks like it is from a paper hole-punch?).

Since I am overflowing with Open Roads and their Resistol cousins, I am offering it here before it goes back to ebay. I know I will not get what I have invested in this hat (about $120 with cleaning, postage, etc.), but it needs to go – how about $80 shipped in the U.S. in the very nice hat box that Clean-A-Hat sent it to me in? If you are interested or have any questions, please email me at tpd_166@yahoo.com.

Saddler_1.jpg

Saddler_1a.jpg

Saddler_1b.jpg

Saddler_1c.jpg

Saddler_3.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn