Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FOR SALE - vintage RALPH LAUREN 3PC MEN'S SUIT 42R Made In USA

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Hello everyone. I am VERY sad to have to sell this suit because I have been wanting one exactly like this for some time now. I bought it on ebay a couple weeks back and have been deciding what I wanted to do with it. The sellers measurements were just a tad off and the suit fits a bit small. The biggest problem is the chest size on the vest. I work out quite often and have a larger chest measurement than most 42R suits have. I am a 42R but some fit and some don't. I can wear a 44R if its trim enough. So instead of spending a fortune having this suit tailored, I am going to sell it so someone else can enjoy it. The fabric is a bit darker than in the auctions photos. Its more of a darker grey than lighter grey. I have not worn this suit once, just tried it on. Its in fantastic condition and the vest has lapels! Like I said, I have always wanted a suit like this, now I will have to keep looking. Its a bit older of a Ralph Lauren suit because it was still made in the USA. The material is absolutely top notch.

I'm asking $110 for it. That's what I bought it for plus what I paid for shipping. I'm not trying to make any money on this suit, just get back what I paid for it.

Here's the link to the original auction:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RALPH-LAUREN-vtg-BOX-PLAID-3pc-MENS-SUIT-42R-36-Waist-30-5-Inseam-/290762125548?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&nma=true&si=6Ix4ja9mWlpGYdPlclnkR0dpsm4%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

The measurements that I get from my measuring tape are:

Jacket:

Shoulders: 18.5 inches wide (not 18.25 from auction)
Chest: 22 inches
Length 32.5 inches
Cuff from Shoulder: 24 inches (not the 24.5 from auction)

Vest:

Chest: 21.25 inches
Length: 26.25 inches (the bottom of the vest covers your belt buckle , just like the vintage vests used to, the cut on this vest is very vintage)

Pants:

Waist laying flat: 17.5 inches across (Not the 18 from the auction) Currently the pants are about a 35 inch waist. There is plenty of room to take the pants out at least 1-2 inches.
Inseem: 30 inches (Not the 30.5 from the auction) There's plenty of room to have the hems let down at least another 1-2 inches.

RLSUIT1.jpg

RLSUIT2.jpg

RLSUIT3.jpg

RLSUIT4.jpg

RLSUIT5.jpg

RLSUIT6.jpg

RLSUIT7.jpg

RLSUIT8.jpg

RLSUIT9.jpg

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
I'm posting this for sale one last time. Lets try $100 shipped for it. I'm already loosing money, but I would rather it go to someone that can enjoy it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo