Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For sale: Vintage Waxed Cotton Lintek Motorcycle Jacket - made in UK sz44/ L

Novos

One of the Regulars
Hi all, I've got a vintage Lintek waxed cotton biker jacket made in the UK. It's truly an awesome piece, and if it fit correctly I would be hanging onto it. Padded shoulders, elbows, throat latch, removable belt and red lining. It is has all the standards of a wax cotton jacket.

Measurements are as follows, tagged as a large but I'd assume this is somewhere around a size 44UK.

Pit 2 pit = 24"
Arm length from shoulder seam = 24.4"
Shoulder from seam to seam = 20=20.5"
Total length = 29.5"

8265299523_2be2def51d.jpg

8266366738_6bb3809411.jpg

8265297753_0b65e1a2be.jpg

Condition wise, let me say that it seems as though this jacket was stored in a garage for a while, because it does have a slight odour of gasoline. I washed it gently in a cold cycle with woolite, and it did improve the odour, but it is still there. I hear that baby oil would help with something that has come into contact with gasoline fumes, but I will leave that to the buyer. The jacket may need a rewax at some point, I don't know much about wax cotton, but apart from these issues it is great. No loose stitching or anything like that. A sturdy and well built piece.

As a result of the above, I'm asking $95USD, which is a good chunk less that what I paid. Can ship only to Canada and USA due to the weight of this jacket.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran