Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FOR TRADE: Borsalino Thin Open-Road style ribbon, for fatter vintage ribbon

Visigoth

A-List Customer
I have a skinny grosgrain ribbon that I just removed from an older Borsalino Alessandria -- too thin for my taste. It's a light sage-green, and has a matching stretchy wind trolley (cord), with button. The ribbon is pristine, and the bow is intact -- you just have to tack it. I'm looking for a normal-sized ribbon, vintage grosgrain, already tied in a bow. Don't need a wind trolley.

In fact, I'm probably going to have *two* thin ribbons -- my Portis Open Road has a beige/gold ribbon that I'd like to switch out for a fatter one. I don't remember whether it has a trolley -- have to check when I get home.

Visigoth

A-List Customer
Well I'd rather do a trade -- it's going to be impossible for me to find replacement ribbons in Mexico. But if nothing comes through, I guess I can sell them.

Visigoth

A-List Customer
Right. Sorry to take so long to get back to you. I've measured both ribbons from the center of the bow to the end of the ribbon (as presumably you'd want to attach the end to the center -- although you could fudge it if it were a little short, I suppose, by attaching the end to the far end of the bow.)

Measured this way, the sage ribbon is 23" and the gold ribbon is 24". Both hats are supposedly 7 1/4 (but that clearly doesn't say anything accurate when it comes to ribbon size.)

Visigoth

A-List Customer
Looks as if I'm best to sell them to Scott, and buy a couple from another member? Are vintage ribbons easy to come by?

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
There are lots of sources for Vintage ribbons,the difficulty lies in putting on the hat and making it look right
,unless you posses that skill of course. My Friends at the Brass Rooster Hat shop make custom ribbons,kates a costumer for the Milw. Rep theatre and does fantastic work ,shes fast too.
Send me pics of the ribbons that you have if you want to sell them?
thanks
scott

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR