Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For trade: EASTMAN A-2s (3), give size 46, would like size 44

Biggles88a

New in Town
Esteemed Loungers,

I would have 3 EASTMAN A-2s size 46 for trade, one STAR Sportswear contract: 28557 (Time worn) which is a 46 LONG (picked up as a jackets with seconds in the RE-ISSUE department, no faults found though), this one has my name tag on it, worn about 3 times outdoors, another size 46 REGULAR, ROUGH WEAR 1401 with my name tag, worn about 20 times outdoors, and a completely new, only stowed, never worn MONARCH 352nd FG with the sewn in pockets.

I once thought 46 is my size in A-2s but I have come to the conclusion that I need a size smaller to be completely comfortable. Maybe there is my opposite number out there who thinks an EASTMAN size 44 is a little too tight. Just a try. I would look for EASTMAN A-2s to trade so the jackets a roughly comparable. NONE of them are the WARHORSE hide, though, but the regular horse hide.

The location of the jackets is in Germany, I will be there until 09 DEC 12, then I would have to return to the USA. If you have any question, please ring me up here in the Lounge.

Biggles

BobJ

Practically Family
If you'd consider selling instead of trading, I might be interested in either the Star or the Monarch. Would need measurements though.

Thanks,

Bob

Biggles88a

New in Town
Hi Bob,
thanks for the suggestion and your interest. Right now I would like to stick to the trading idea, one reason being that it would be helpful to have an EASTMAN owner who already knows how the jacket fits on his torso but feels he needs some more room. I personally am very cautious about measurments because usually they don t tell how the jacket drapes on the body and I have come to realize that while the quality of the workmanship and the leather itself are very important, so is the fit. A jacket may fit good (shoulders, length) but drape lousily and then the proud owner still feels somewhat unsatisfied with the garment. I have been there, wearing GW, ELC and AERO jackets that drape completely different, with about the same measurements by the same maker. Thanks anyhow. I may even try out some hot water treatment in the future to try to mold the jackets on the figure. But I ll keep you posted should the overall assessment change.

Biggles

Corky

Practically Family
How about a size 44 Marlboro coat for the size 46 REGULAR, ROUGH WEAR 1401?

How about a size 44 Marlboro coat in like new condition for the size 46 REGULAR, ROUGH WEAR 1401?

Front

Front.jpg

Back

Back.jpg

Front Open

Front-Open.jpg

Sleeves can be unrolled for extra length

Sleeves.jpg

Pocket Detail

Pocket.jpg

Label

Label.jpg

You can reply by a Private Message.

Biggles88a

New in Town
Hi Corky, I read up on PMs, I still have 8 posts to go to be able to do this. But generally I would look for A-2s to trade as I have all cold weather gear for Germany, and going back to SD... well, you know SOCAL... light jackets max, if any. Thanks, though, for the offer. Have a great time out there.

Biggles

Corky

Practically Family
To make the 8 posts quota, go to the hat section, find eight posts in which a Lounger has posted a photo of himself wearing a new hat and post 8 "Great Hat!" comments. This can be accomplished in a matter of minutes.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy