Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

for vintage shoe fans: shoe store closed in the 1960s unearthed

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Someone has apparently unearthed a shoe store in the U.S. which has been closed since the 1960s.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ar-perfect-condition-albeit-little-dusty.html

http://www.messynessychic.com/2013/12/19/the-forgotten-family-shoe-store-closed-for-40-years/

1416114535796_wps_7_A_Redditor_by_the_name_of.jpg

Last edited:

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Not sure but this may be something already come to light a year or so ago....if it is the same one.?????

Stanley Doble

Call Me a Cab
There must be hundreds of such places in dying rust belt cities. I have seen similar sights in small towns where nothing ever happens. Not in main street shops but in the offices upstairs.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Wow...yes you are correct that this is going on all over. I wish I could find one like this...I'd make a very serious offer even if I had to borrow a hundred grand.....lol!

Papperskatt

Practically Family
I must say that I'm a bit surprised by the number of oxford boots (or any dress boots for that matter) in a store opened in the 40s (and closed in the 60s); I'd have imagined that they would've gone out of fashion long before that. Then again I guess that's the reason that they are still there, they didn't get sold. A lot of the boots look like they are from the 20s or earlier.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
This story is 2 years old. Sadly, most of the inventory (especially the older items) are so dried out as to be unwearable. a tragedy.

Ahhh HAH! I thought so...but non the less....would be so nice.....I would have attempted to save shoes...cadillac them to death.....but what can we do? I would hope anyone that comes to finding a store like this would let us all know....really I would take out a major loan to have purchased all of that at one time...you can bet they would have accepted $60,000.00 for everything. And it there is one thing we can do here it is save a shoe...dry or no....lol!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko