Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Forbidden items in my home...

zardac

New in Town
Forbidden?

Macrame owls...(sigh)

macrameowlgallery.jpg

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
It reminds me of tapestry..

Mandolin%20tapestry%20wall-hanging.JPG

Hanging a carpet on a wall?! :nono:

There is a very long history of civilised folk hanging their walls with tapestries, dating from ancient times up to the present.

For example:
" An interior that illustrates the proper use of tapestries. From the residence of the late Stanford White. On the wall in the foreground three Renaissance tapestries, one large and two small, in the extremely decorative Grotesque style. In the music room beyond can be seen Oriental Commerce, a large tapestry 15 feet 3 by 19, woven at Brussels in the first half of the XVIII century and signed D. Leyniers."

Drawing room as Croom Court. Decorations designed by Robert Adam, hangings woven at the Gobleins Works.

In point of fact, before the Nineteenth Century, so-called Turkish and Persian rugs were far too precious to be used as floor covering. These carpets were generally used as wall hangings and table coverings.

Of course, we of the hoi polloi must content ourselves with wallpaper, but thats not such a terrible sacrifice, is it?

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Sending a couple containers of hippies Behind God's Back right now..
Oh, yes.. you've got PLENTY of hippies.. there's a hippie production-line there. :p

I had one of the stupid owls here when I moved in. They burn nicely and make a nice warm fire.
Hmmm.. I never tried that.. would it work with all stupid and ugly decoration? :D

There is a very long history of civilised folk hanging their walls with tapestries, dating from ancient times up to the present.
In point of fact, before the Nineteenth Century, so-called Turkish and Persian rugs were far too precious to be used as floor covering.
As I've said: carpets on walls. :nono: :D

Oh, yes.. you've got PLENTY of hippies.. there's a hippie production-line there. :p

Hmmm.. I never tried that.. would it work with all stupid and ugly decoration? :D

As I've said: carpets on walls. :nono: :D

Yeah we keep getting them replenished from the east coast---darn it!:doh:

All stupid and ugly decorations burn with amazing blue and green flames coming from them. :p

I used to have a couple of awesome tapestries that I had aquired down in Mexico years ago. One was the Virgin of Guadalupe (of course) and the other was a sort of distorted looking Elvis Presley. Alas, they now reside in the bottom of a box out in the garage. My wife does not share my good taste in interior design unfortunately

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

I used to have a couple of awesome tapestries that I had aquired down in Mexico years ago. One was the Virgin of Guadalupe (of course) and the other was a sort of distorted looking Elvis Presley. Alas, they now reside in the bottom of a box out in the garage. My wife does not share my good taste in interior design unfortunately

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Elvis on velvet. :rofl: I hope it was at least the young Elvis. :p

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Yeah we keep getting them replenished from the east coast---darn it!:doh:

I must owe you an apology James! I have seen a few Hippies around in the last month or so, naturally, I blamed you. Thought you were giving them some Greyhound tickets and brownies, and telling them pot is legal in Colorado!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner