Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Forbidden items in my home...

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
I'm not an art snob, but please know Velvet Elvis!
velvis_zps13aea394.jpg

St. Louis

Practically Family
Ah, candidates for the Museum of Bad Art.

For me: mean people, whether in the flesh, via the T.V., or the internet. Particularly people who think it's clever or interesting to be mean -- there's no sane way of coping with them.

Seriously, though, I agree with the poster a page or two back that St. Louis beer (I think he means Bud and its ilk) should be banned, but I would like to add that there are great microbreweries here that produce wonderful beer.

I'm on a long-term quest to keep or recycle all plastic out of my house.

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
Thats it!

I usually thin of the standard subjects, though. Flowers, puppies, kittens and the occasional attractive girl. Seldom does one find such nice cheese-cake in a 'yard-long" print.

I think of them as an early Twentieth Century combination of Velvet paintings and lolcatz.

What is that? Lollypop, lollygagging, lolling chair, Fol-De-Lol-Rol-Lol,

Last edited:
Thanks for enlightening me gents. I'd never heard the term before. I could go for one like that hula girl.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

I have a few "Yard Long" Calendars from Pabst Malt Extract and Schlitz Beer from the latter part of the 19th Century and the early part of the 20th Century. I think they make for neat advertising.

$T2eC16FHJHEE9ny2p)s4BRYfJVdH6!~~60_3.JPG

$T2eC16JHJIIE9qTYI6g4BRYfJlj1J!~~60_3.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner