Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Forbidden items in my home...

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Gopher, Everett?
o-brother-where-art-thou-2000.jpg
[/IMG]

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
The young ones are quite tasty.....

I imagine it would taste good with chutney, I'd be willing to try it. I just don't want to be the one who cooks it. The one I see most often (as it waddles away) is quite fatty, thanks to my garden. I don't want my kitchen to smell like woodchuck fat cooking. I imagine woodchuck fat tastes... and smells... woodchucky.

Squirrel is delicious. My mom makes it every year after we go squirrel hunting. Wonder if Woodchuck is a similar taste.

Well, the person who told me that woodchuck stew was delicious loved squirrel. In fact, I was told that it was his second favorite meat following squirrel. I don't know anybody here who would kill it, the gentleman who said it was tasty passed away last year. We also live in a densely packed suburb, so I doubt anyone would wants to discharge a weapon here. They don't live on my property, they just come here for the all-you-can-eat buffet.

One of the 5 woodchucks I contend with is living under the shed of my neighbor who is a cop, and he wants to trap it professionally and have it taken someplace else. I figure if the cop doesn't want to shoot it, it ain't gonna happen. So today I have more woodchuck-proofing to do.

I keep saying to all my neighbors, "I hear woodchuck stew is delicious" but nobody seems interested.

Last edited:

Oldsarge

One Too Many
One of the reasons I hunt is to take responsibility for my own meat. If I'm going to eat it I should be the one who kills and butchers it. Naturally, this isn't possible 100% of the time but I do make the effort. It's an ethical thing . . .

And woodchuck ought to be delicious. They're strict herbivores like rabbits, sheep and cattle. If they lived out here in the West, you bet I'd already have explored the possibilities! :D

Zeropositive

Familiar Face
Nothing from the 80's it is verboten... I would personally start a bonfire in the yard to get rid of the rubbish that came out of the 80's...

Edward

Bartender
I believe that the vast majority of creatures we eat nowadays, in the West, at least, are herbivores. I do have a nagging sense in the back of my head that some misremembered article I read suggested that that is a sensible approach health-wise....?

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Bow hunting for woodchucks...

Sounds like fun.

Not for my neighbors. :)

And woodchuck ought to be delicious. They're strict herbivores like rabbits, sheep and cattle. If they lived out here in the West, you bet I'd already have explored the possibilities! :D

This one (and all his little friends, family, and neighbors) should be delicious. He's had a diet of jerusalem artichoke tops, radish tops, cucumber leaves, and Chinese cabbage so far this year.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
There's a difference between killing something yourself and going down to the butcher to pick up a pound or two of pre-packaged chopmeat.:essen:
Oh, like the difference between the person who ordered the hit and the actual hitman......:p

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Hi

My Dad was born in 1919, and therefore grew up during the depression. He told me that the best wild game he has eaten was the groundhog that my step grandfather killed. They eat greens etc just like cattle. He also said that Raccoon wasn't a taste treat.

Later

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou