Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Forbidden items in my home...

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
You know that somewhere in JP's home secreted away under a floorboard in a closet is the soundtrack to his favorite musical.........HAIR.......:hippie:

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Tell me where it is so I can burn it if you know.
Don't be coy, James. It's where you always hide it, along with the dirty jeans, tie died shirt, sandals , long blonde wig, etc.........all the things needed for you to fly your freak flag when there's nobody around. ;) It must be a huge burden to live a secret life, kinda like Larry Craig.....:p

Don't be coy, James. It's where you always hide it, along with the dirty jeans, tie died shirt, sandals , long blonde wig, etc.........all the things needed for you to fly your freak flag when there's nobody around. ;) It must be a huge burden to live a secret life, kinda like Larry Craig.....:p

All of those things must be in the fireplace at the bottom---ashes. The Freak Flag---the only flag I would actually burn. :p

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I hate to admit this but we have a Esther Williams collection.
Yeah it's swimming, and some are musicals, but the colors are incredible.
On the newer tv's it's actually cool to watch, with the sound down of course!
Uh there is a reality show channel....I thought everyone knew that.
I know there was one on Directv, and it's all reality shows as if there would be anything else on that channel.
To steer us back on track...
I don't allow items found on the side of the curb in my house. This is my own rule actually, because I had lots of "other people's treasures" in my home at one time, but it just had to go, junk mostly.

Last edited:

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
I think that musicals lost their way when they began to become self-conciously "arty", with pretensions to unnecessary things such as cogent plots.

Give me a purely entertaining revue, or some string of catchy melodies hanging from a thin plot, stuff such as "Leave it to Jane", "Hitchy-Koo",
"Whoopee" , "Rio Rita" or the early Hollywood product, pictures like "The Cocoanuts", "King of Jazz", "Show Girl in Hollywood", "Marianne" or even "Montanna Mon"!

MikeBravo

One Too Many
Musicals? Not really a fan

Though I admit I have a soft spot for the Wizard of Oz and Singin' in the rain, which I recall the singin' and dancin' were mainly in the context of a stage show, therefore acceptable.

My favourite song and dance sequence is The French mistake at the end of Blazing Saddles

"Throw out your hands, stick out your toosh,
hands on your hips, give 'em a push,
you'll be surprised, your doing the French mistake,
voila!"

[video=youtube;JMK6lzmSk2o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMK6lzmSk2o[/video]

Musicals? Not really a fan

Though I admit I have a soft spot for the Wizard of Oz and Singin' in the rain, which I recall the singin' and dancin' were mainly in the context of a stage show, therefore acceptable.

My favourite song and dance sequence is The French mistake at the end of Blazing Saddles

"Throw out your hands, stick out your toosh,
hands on your hips, give 'em a push,
you'll be surprised, your doing the French mistake,
voila!"

[video=youtube;JMK6lzmSk2o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMK6lzmSk2o[/video]

That is more of a satire of a musical. I can stand that fairly easily. It is everything a real musical is---stupid. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy