Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ford Says He's Fit to Play Indiana Jones

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Dixon Cannon said:
IndyOld.jpg

..playing the blues!

-dixon cannon

That "old" Indy is a decade or so younger than a current Indy would be.

I thought that the second movie was such an utter failure I as surprised they bothered with a third, and that one seemed like such a dopey children's movie I just can't get excited about a fourth.

Raiders is classic, top-notch entertainment movie-making for my money though. It works in so many ways and I still love it. I've watched it dozens of times since I got the dvd set, and dozens before that. The other two I looked at to see if I'd changed my mind since I'd last seen them.

I hadn't.

Varience in views and outlook

I liked all 3 films, while 2 has some very dark edginess to it and 3 has a little Goonies quality. ! has the scene I love, when digging to open the well of souls and the thunderstorm comes up, they find the top stones and begin to open it. From the first time in the movies and everytime since, the hair on the back of my neck stands up!

(It comes from reading about buried treasure as a kid and always imagining I'd get to do that someday.)

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
John in Covina said:
I liked all 3 films, while 2 has some very dark edginess to it and 3 has a little Goonies quality. ! has the scene I love, when digging to open the well of souls and the thunderstorm comes up, they find the top stones and begin to open it. From the first time in the movies and everytime since, the hair on the back of my neck stands up!

(It comes from reading about buried treasure as a kid and always imagining I'd get to do that someday.)

That is a great scene. That whole sequence is nice. It goes from Lawrence of Arabia to Hammer Horror. It's perfect. There's nothing even remotely close to it in effect in either sequel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner