Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Former POW tells his story

amynbebes

New in Town
I'll have to watch this at home. Years ago my dad did a vhs interview/story telling of both my great uncle and my grandfather recounting their stories of being POWs of the japanese for 3.5 years. I can't bring myself to watch it but I know that it's fascinating.

Miss sofia

One Too Many
My Grandad was a pow in Poland for about three years, so i found that very poignant and moving to watch. He was always stoical about it, although he did stress that he was well treated on the whole and they were fairly lax at the last camp he was sent to. The only downsides he ever mentioned was the postcards he got to send home to my grandma, some of which he could only tick a box on to say he was ok and well fed, and that pained him alot and the fact that the russians liberated them and killed nearly all the people in the village near the camp, and my grandpa had got to know a particular family quite well as he was allowed to work on their farm and never really knew if any of them survived.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot