Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Forum Upgrade -- POST ANY ISSUES HERE

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
What has happened to the Fedora Lounge Store? Did it get lost in the transition or did it fade away previously and I hadn't noticed? I've checked all the links, including the quick links dropdown.

Well, I found the answer to my question using Google. Turns out the store went away almost a year ago. I don't peruse the classifieds very often so I missed this thread when it was posted: Fedora Lounge Stocking Stuffer

Dang. I am officially bummed. Garrett's question was never answered, but I imagine the store wasn't profitable.

Regards,
Tom

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
That's one we're going to have to go through and update the links. Basically every link has had its URL changed in the update. The upside is the google search rankings will be more relevant. Downside is all existing links are now broken.

I don't know if this is related, but I tried doing a couple advanced searches on Google of the FL, and when I clicked the search results, it took me to completely different discussions (e.g. a result for the 1920s fashion thread took me to a thread about the anniversary of Hiroshima!)

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
Well, I found the answer to my question using Google. Turns out the store went away almost a year ago. I don't peruse the classifieds very often so I missed this thread when it was posted: Fedora Lounge Stocking Stuffer

Dang. I am officially bummed. Garrett's question was never answered, but I imagine the store wasn't profitable.

Regards,
Tom

The store still exists-- I'll get it up very soon.

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
I don't know if this is related, but I tried doing a couple advanced searches on Google of the FL, and when I clicked the search results, it took me to completely different discussions (e.g. a result for the 1920s fashion thread took me to a thread about the anniversary of Hiroshima!)

Yes, thread IDs were messed up in the transition, we're waiting on google to re-index the site.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Before, on my bookmarks bar the lounge's icon was the logo. Now it's some weird thing, any way of getting it back? I don't use text for the bookmarks so the image was ideal...

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
Before, on my bookmarks bar the lounge's icon was the logo. Now it's some weird thing, any way of getting it back? I don't use text for the bookmarks so the image was ideal...

I second the original icon idea you can't tell what the new one is a picture I would like the old one back. And thanks again for all your hard work on all of our loungers behalf.

buler

I'll Lock Up
Ok, I had been able to do this in the past. Now I can't find how to edit the thread title in the classifieds to update it to *SOLD*. Help?

thanks
B

Mario

I'll Lock Up
In threads with a high postcount I'll always have to scroll to the far right if I want to use the thread page navigation bar, at least when the favorites bar is enabled in my browser. The main thread items are all placed within the browser window but the nav bar just kinda sticks out to the right.

I find this whole CSS system to be slighltly rigid at times...

fed_lounge_menu_prob_04.jpg

dnjan

One Too Many
I seem to be missing the subtle differences in the colours of the icons on the left in the listing of threads. Most of them (on my monitor) are kind of rose-coloured (whether I've visited them or not), but some are more of a tangerine shade.
What would be useful to me is one colour for a thread I haven't looked at, one colour for a thread I have looked at and which has new postings, and one colour for a thread I have looked at that has no new postings since my last visit to that thread.
Also, the difference between tangerine and rose on my monitor is not as striking as I would prefer.

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
I've noticed that the size codes are disabled for signatures. Is this on purpose, and is there any way to remove the restriction? I like my signature to be smaller than the default size. It's more subtle that way, and separates the signature message from my username sign-off. I am very thankful that the signatures can be longer now! Thank you! Now I can fit in a message or quote that actually makes sense!

Cheers,

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
I've been trying to find a way to state my issues in a constructive and concise way. I can't. So let me say this; The new look, the new organization, the whole dang barn is a cluttered mess. Too much stuff, too busy, to glitchy, and WAY too hi-tech looking. The mood is shot right along with the smooth functionality that I used to enjoy. Any chance we can just go back to the way it used to be? You know - "Vintage Fedora Lounge."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112