Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Found some saddle shoes in colors

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I have these from J. Crew

I hate to be contrary, but there weren't any Saddle Shoes on the page you posted. Those are Spectators. ;) Unless there was something I missed.

One must be careful with shoes. I bought a pair of Brutini's and they are horrible, just incredibly cheap and tough on the feet. I would rather save for a decent pair of shoes. :)

I like these J.Crew shoes; they are very comfortable and have vintage-style accents, like the stitching and the eyelets. I have a picture somewhere of a pair of Saddle Shoes from the 40s that are very similar.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Mine from Ralph Lauren

Nice to finally be able to wear them again.

Poloshoes.jpg

Hannigan Reilly

One of the Regulars
ehhh, stacy adams and georgio brutini are both pretty poor quality shoes, as well as uncomfortable. When i worked in a shoe store years ago, we carried both brands. Stacy Adams were the worse of the two. 2 wearings to church and the things were so creased up and popped out it looked like they were 5 years old. The leather was very thin and low quality, and the soles would be torn to shreds after a few days down a sidewalk.

Hannigan Reilly

One of the Regulars
I dunno about Botany 500. The brand does ring a bell with me as Kinney Shoes (owned by Woolworth corp) had a brand similarly named, but that was like 15 years ago before woolworth went chapter 11. Maybe the same one. Those are good looking shoes. Bass makes great bucs and saddle shoes. Spectators are a bit harder to come by. If you find some good ones, link up!

For saddle shoes- Dexter's campus model I love these. I may have to order some. Dexter is a very good brand.

BTW, Mr. Misanthropy- my grandparents lived in Hannibal most of their lives. Been there many times, nice little town.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff