Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

France raises it's terror alert

Jen

New in Town
Oddly enough, French intelligence has been (according to my contacts in the NY uniformed services) a major source of information about potential attacks in NY. Which might be why NY and Paris did sweeps of their subway systems before the Olympic host city was announced. It seems the French, because of that little problem in Algiers, have an excellent network in the Arabic speaking world---far better than ours (one of our continuing problems, according to our own intelligence community, is our lack of Arab-world language skills). Who'da thunk it?

Happy Bastille Day, y'all.

Jen said:
Oddly enough, French intelligence has been (according to my contacts in the NY uniformed services) a major source of information about potential attacks in NY. Which might be why NY and Paris did sweeps of their subway systems before the Olympic host city was announced. It seems the French, because of that little problem in Algiers, have an excellent network in the Arabic speaking world---far better than ours (one of our continuing problems, according to our own intelligence community, is our lack of Arab-world language skills). Who'da thunk it?

Makes sense to me 25% of their population is of Arabic descent. They have a large pool from which to draw. The problem is who are they going to believe and where do their loyalties lie?
Projecting down the line ten years, with the current rate of native French births versus Arabic, the French will be outnumbered three to one in that time. The country will no longer be French or France and then there will be no need for white flag factories. They will light out and take over the rest of Europe without a shot. They certainly learned from the Ottoman Empire.
Briget Bardot mentions this change and she gets set up for a ridiculous hate crime with monetary penalties and the like. Soon enough they will wonder who was right at that time---too late once again.

Regards to all,

J

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred