Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Frank Sinatra's Hat

funneman

Practically Family
I always thought this was straw...

I don't think I've ever seen a ribbon like that on a felt hat....more than likely a Stetson? Or would Frank have insisted on Borsalinos only?

BigSho

Vendor
What I wo uld say is that it is a milan straw pork pie. The band is a wrap around pleated band. It is something that we use for things like straws that you want to match the band with a shirt or something and a lto of prom kids clip them on cheapos to match their ties and vests. The brim is most likley somewhere in the area of 2 inches. Just a guess though.

Jeremy
Hats Plus Ltd.

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
For some reason it doesn't look completely lik a porkpie hat. Kind of a combination of two hats.

It does seem like it would be made of straw. I've seen that band on a couple hats before. Nothing exactly like this one but close.

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Frank's hat is a milan straw in this picture. Has an optimo crown on it...notice closely at the center top of the hat is a small line crease...this is indication of the optimo crown. Follow the link to this site and you will see a very similar hat to the one Sinatra wears in this photo. Just visually add a large pleated wrap around and you'll have it!

http://www.millerhats.com/dobbs2.htm and you will have to scroll down when you get there...it's the hat on the bottom and not the two you see initially.

Cheers!

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I'd imagine the crown and dimensions are a lot like this hat.
color and condition are all different though.

IMG_2721.jpg

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
I believe the crown and hat is more like the one Dinerman posted.

IMG_2721.jpg

I'd have to see the top to really know. I have seen him in a movie or two with this hat. It's just a matter of which one. I remember he was wearing it in a preview for a film.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner