Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fred Astaire vs Cary Grant

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Another sartorial idiosyncrasy Fred had was that he would take his brand new Anderson & Sheppard suits, ball them up and throw them against a wall repeatedly in order to give them a lived in look and feel. Oh, and there was once a Royal whose name escapes me that would have one of his man servants wear his brand new clothing for a period of time with the same goal in mind.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Perfect!! Would love to know who said this- as the Mr. is built more like Kelly (his fitness role model was Robert Conrad during his WWWest days), but his dancing role model is Astaire! He tried on a vintage fedora for me the other day and a vintage DB suit, and I almost dropped! He wants to learn to do the entire (not gleaning just a step or two) dance routine of "Cheek to Cheek" with me...

There was a line uttered by a woman whose name escapes me....... A woman might give her heart and soul to Fred Astaire – but she saved her body for Gene Kelly.....:p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters