Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FREE GRAIL! Vintage Brooks Brothers "Golden Fleece" 3/2 sack three piece suit. c. 42, 43.

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
FREE GRAIL!

PS8) Vintage Brooks Brothers "Golden Fleece" 3/2 sack three piece suit.

Tagged 43 Medium Long/38 waist; Measurements:

Chest: 21 1/4
Sleeve: 23 3/4 (+1 1/2)
Shoulder: 18 3/4
Length: 31

Waist: 18 1/2
Inseam: 27 3/4 (+1) with 1 1/4" cuff.

This is absolutely lovely! Cut from mid-weight cloth in a mid-grey glen plaid pattern, this is Brooks Brothers top-of-the line Golden Fleece; fully canvassed with plenty of handwork throughout.

Cut as a 3/2 sack the jacket is half-lined with a single center hook vent and two button cuffs. The waistcoat features four functional front pockets and a back cinch; the trousers are flat-front and cuffed.

It was, of course, Union made in the USA.

This is a true grail item--but, alas, it has some minor issues. There are two small rub spots on the front of the vest, as shown, and a ragged tear on the surface of the cloth on the trousers leg near the cuff; these could be addressed by darning. There is also a speckling of tiny pin-head sized holes near the near of one trouser leg; I suspect that these resulted from the cloth becoming weak, or possibly dry-cleaning damage over the decades. These could be readily addressed by patching on the inside of the trouser leg and then darning over the holes.

Because this suit needs some attention before it can be worn it is FREE--just send me $15 to cover shipping in the USA... or nothing at all if you buy another suit or jacket and this travels to you (within the US) with it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner