Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Free Military family deployed overseas hat/lapel pins

rongoms

Familiar Face
Hi folks,

I stumbles across some "Military family deployed overseas" hat pins today at a loal antique store.

(you know, the rectangular flag with the red star in the center and blue border...)
They're about 6mm long by 4mm high, very small and discrete. perfect for hats ot lapels.

they had two with one star and one with two stars. I grabbed them to make them available to Loungers.

So, if you have a family member deployed overseas fighting for freedom, please send me a mail and your shipping address and i'll get one in the mail to you. No Charge.

Again, i've got two one-stars and one two-star. please let me kow which you'd like.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
rongoms said:
So, if you have a family member deployed overseas fighting for freedom, ...

Let me more accurately phrase my earlier post. No matter what they're fighting for or why, our servicemen's and women's families deserve a pin. Not all warriors believe in the casus belli, but they never stop believing in protecting their buddies. And in my book, that's heroic enough.

Your offer is a very kind one, Rongoms. Thank you for doing this!

rongoms

Familiar Face
:::sigh:::

please feel free to remove ANY political commentary from this thread.

I'd have thought that a thoughtful mature person would be able to seperate inflamatory political thoughts from a simple offer of appreciation.
Apparently, i was wrong.

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
I see no need to parse words

I applaud rongoms for the offer, it is a fine act offering these pins to the families of those who are serving their country. That should be all there need be said. It should be left at that, a request for a pin was all that was asked. There is no need to turn this into anything more than it is, a simple offering to those families that have other family members serving.

Duck

Practically Family
Bud-n-Texas said:
I applaud rongoms for the offer, it is a fine act offering these pins to the families of those who are serving their country. That should be all there need be said. It should be left at that, a request for a pin was all that was asked. There is no need to turn this into anything more than it is, a simple offering to those families that have other family members serving.

Well said Bud!!!!:eusa_clap

A big thanks to Ron for his kindness! I have friends over there and I appreciate the thoughtfullness.

Duck

rongoms

Familiar Face
they are all gone now.....

Thanks to all the members and family who are serving.

It is still appreciated by some, if not most of your fellow Americans.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy