Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Free Shaving Cream

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Many thanks for the shipping to Tokyo! :eusa_clap

Scent: Very very appealing..cherry almond is a very nice, not too over powering, very natural

Lather: Nice and creamy

Shave: Very smooth. A little goes a long way on a brush

Afterfeel: washes off nicely, and leaves a nice coated feeling

I`m a buyer and an investor!

Thanks again

EricH

One of the Regulars
I have nothing to add to the kudos already given. It is an exceptionally good shaving cream which I hope will be available in quantity soon. I'm ready to order!

Trotsky

A-List Customer
Oh, here's my review:

At first I thought the cherry smell was a little overpowering. I still do, but the cream went on very smooth. Like others have said, a little goes a long way. The shave itself was very, very smooth, I mean, baby's butt smooth. My razor was a little older and my trusty brush and soap ain't this smooth (and they give a good shave).
The smell did not linger, just a pleasant remainder of the initial strong smell (I mean remainder, not reminder, as well!). Overall I received this for free through the generosity of Brian, but I would buy some without any sort of reservation, good stuff!

GallatinHatMan

One of the Regulars
I've used mine twice now, having received it the day before yesterday, and it is fabulous as the others have described. I really like the smooth shave, much better than any commercial product I've used. I cannot recommend it highly enough.

KilroyCD

One Too Many
I've used mine twice now as well. The first time was on a four-day stubble, as I had been sick with the flu and didn't feel like shaving. The cream lathered beautifully and the shave was much smoother than anticipated. I found the aroma to be very pleasant and not the least bit overpowering (but then again I'm used to shaving creams with menthol). Today (with a fresh blade, as that four-day stubble killed the preceding one) I accidentally overhydrated it but it still developed a nice (yet thin) lather and provided a nice, smooth shave. I feel this cream offers better lubrication and a higher level of protection than commercially available creams as I regularly nick myself with a new blade. Not so today, and that was even with the thinner, slightly overhydrated lather. I hope this becomes commercially available, as it is hands down the best I've ever used.

Rock31

Familiar Face
GallatinHatMan said:
I've used mine twice now, having received it the day before yesterday, and it is fabulous as the others have described. I really like the smooth shave, much better than any commercial product I've used. I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Since I am no shaving expert I will second this. If it becomes available for purchase in the future I would definitely buy it.
Nice job!

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Second shave today. Used just a dab...lathered up really well. dispersed well all over the face...2 day stubble...all removed very smoothly. Gillette sensor. Nice wash-off. I`m a buyer soon....hopefully! Thanks Brian, real kind of ya...

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Follow-up

As promised, here's a follow-up report:

I've used Brian's shaving cream every day for the last seven days using the same set-up I started with--including the blade.

Results: Consistantly great shaving experience! Even this morning, the seventh use of the blade, I got a good shave and no razor burn. Now, I do not have a very heavy beard but I usually go four days at most with a blade. During the week I did my usual fast shaves (three passes, but moving quick) and all was well. The only cut I received was a technique error.

In conclusion: Outstanding product! Many thanks for the opportunity to give it a try. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Regards,
Tom

PS If my wife shaves this weekend I'll suggest she give it a try to see what she thinks.

SGT Rocket

Practically Family
Thank You!

Thanks to all of you for volunteering and trying the cream! I know it can be kind of worrisome to take a plunge into trying something from some guy who you only know by an avatar (ummmm, the one accompanying a post, not the big blue people on another planet). lol

This has been a dream of mine for quite some time, and I'm hoping to have a website and some product in the next six to eight weeks!!!!!

Oh, many have recommend other scents to go into next. I'm definitely thinking about many of the suggestions.

Also, I would like to give a big thanks to the moderators of the Fedora Lounge for letting me post my free samples here. That was super nice of them. I post on a few other sites related to other hobbies that I have (shaving being one of them), and I just really love the FL. FL has such nice people that it really is a pick-me-up for me sometimes. When I was in Basrah, I would come in after a long day at work or a mission and the other guys would hit the video games, but I would hit "post new hats here" and fantasize about being home with my wife and kids and wearing a real hat. :D

Mr_D.

A-List Customer
I sent you my review in PM but thought I should post it here too.

I was not expecting so much. I was thinking it would be a small little sample packet. LOL

This is enough to last me a year. :)

I love the smell. It lathers really well, left my skin nice and soft. It cleans out of my brush much easier too.

Please let me know if you start to market this and if you make other scents.

Thank You

5 stars

(Side note 100th post WOO HOO)

JennyLou

Practically Family
Yay! I think Im the first lady to review the cream on this post. Although, I have not been able to try it on my legs because i have misplace my brush, I must compliment you on the wonderful scent. I love the fragrance so much. As soon as i am able too, i will post my review of how the cream is with a leg shave.

jporgeck

Familiar Face
Thanks

Many thanks to Brian the SlyGI for affording me the opportunity to try his shaving cream.

I've used it twice and am very pleased with every aspect of it. I very much like the fragrance and enjoy that it doesn't linger. It provides for a very lubricated shave. I applied it by hand and splashed on a little water to get a nice lather. Using it has inspired me to invest in a nice brush. My wife said that she would like to try it after I get a brush.

You can count on me as a customer. Regards.:)

Feraud

Bartender
I picked up my sample from the post office this weekend and am looking forward to using the shaving cream.
I'll add a few comments after a few shaves.
Thank you for the sample Brian.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
My wife used it this morning. She said that it was a "drier" lather than what she's used to despite adding lots more water, but that she had an excellent shave and likes it a lot.

Cheers,
Tom

AndrewGWU

Familiar Face
I was going to PM or email you a review after using the cream for the past week. However, I will go ahead and post here.

I have been using it for the past week and have found it to be the favorite out of the 5 or 6 soaps and creams I have on hand. I absolutely love the cherry/almond scent (as does my wife) and also like the fact that it seems to dissipate pretty quickly and does not linger.

I have been using it with a late 40s SS and a Boker straight depending on the day. It provides a rich lather with a smooth glide and in that regards is comparable to the other creams I have tried.

I look forward to being able to purchase the product. It was very kind of you to allow us here on FL to sample your product. I appreciate the opportunity to try it and it has defiantly meet my expectations.

SGT Rocket

Practically Family
Hi AndrewGWU,

Thanks for the review. I was very interested to see how it worked with a strait razor. I only shave with a DE, but have been eyeing using a strait for sometime. I'm just a little too chicken right now. lol

There is a place in St. Paul called Heimie's Haberdashery that has a barber, and I think they may do strait shaves. I am thinking about getting a shave from him and seeing what he can teach me about strait razors. I'm sure you must get the angle just right and all that.

Thanks again for the review. I'm hoping that I'll have a website up in for to six weeks.

SGT Rocket

Practically Family
All out of Samples

Hi All,

Well, it looks like I'm all out of shaving cream samples. :(

However, I am working on an aftershave right now. If it is ok with the moderator, in about four to six months I would like to post up here for free samples for everyone to try and give me feedback.

I'm thinking it will have some alcohol and menthol in it. Plus, some other goodies for the skin. However, it will probably not be a moisturizer (due to the alcohol).

Also, I'm thinking of a traditional barber shop scent. The scent will be designed not to linger because I don't want it to clash with peoples cologne. I know scents are more subjective, but I'll try to make something that most people like. :)

Thanks again everyone!
Brian

jdbenson

One of the Regulars
About a week now...

I received my free sample about a week ago and have been using it ever since.

First, this could hardly be considered a sample...it's more like 6 months supply! Much more than I expected. Way to overdeliver!

I normally shave with Bigelow's shave cream (Proraso), and by comparison, this is a much lighter product and froths up easier with less water. I didn't find the scent overpowering, but my olfactory organ is not as keen as most others'. I also always us a little baby oil pre-shave to help prevent razor burn. I have found some soaps react badly to the oil, but this did not; just a nice, light, creamy coverage providing the razor an easy glide. VERY nice. I shave not only my face, but my head as well, and I got a wonderful shave.

I would not hesitate to purchase this product.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana