Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Freewheelers Caboose Jacket

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Bates, Buzz, Bootlegger and I’m out. 2/3 down. Only one left after this one. I mean it this time. After that the only thing I’ll be posting here is a clever gif!

naNEzNm.gif

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
It’s the truth man. A small unique collection. Nothing extraneous, no redundancy. 3 leather jackets. Now wool/cotton/leather and any combo there in is another story.

I’m in sympathy with this view. I have sold/traded up to end up with a black deerskin FW Journeyman, a dark russet Shinki HH FW Brakeman, and (in several weeks) a brown goat Monarch replica from Dave Sheeley. All well-fitting, 2-3 season, high quality, 5- or 6-buttoned jackets/coats. Three different hides, three different weights, three different colours to match the work/casual Old Town linen/cloth wardrobe. That’s it, no more leather for me. I don’t wear leather in summer, so no zipped short jackets, and my Old Town gear covers that. When it’s wet I have an N-1 or a Claybourn (more trad version of Drizabone); if it’s snowing I have an RL peacoat.
Liberating...

Big J

Call Me a Cab
@ton, that really is an awesome looking jacket! I'm impressed!

I'd love something like that or barnstormer, but double breasted jackets don't look good on me. They make me look fatter. I've got a Pea Coat, but I rarely wear it.

I haven't quite got to the point of reducing my wardrobe to all but three leather jackets yet, but I did sell a couple of jackets last month that I never wore. Because I'm a military flight jacket nut, I keep multiples of jackets with different patches. But buying that old pattern ELC G-1 in November looks like my last jacket. I don't browse the internet looking to buy at the moment. I feel like my collection is complete. It feels quite liberating.

willyto

One Too Many
Last edited:

LeFonque

One of the Regulars
Here's how it fit on the very last day of the trip. This is layered over a denim jacket and with gloves, but you get the idea. It's quite comfortable now, but the sleeves are still long. Maybe I will care in the future, but it doesn't bother me right now. Hot damn I adore this jacket.
Love this jacket. But I do admire the fact that the length of the sleeves doesn’t bug you. It makes the jacket look unbalanced and too big for you. Did you try the 40? My problem is a bit the other way with sleeves often being too short. The Mulholland is another stylish jacket from Freewheelers. The sleeves are cut on an angle. Anyhoo I have enjoyed following your journey with the Caboose to date. By the way what does it matter what I think you seem happy with the jacket despite the sleeve length. Enjoy no matter what others say or think. I would not pass this jacket up.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Love this jacket. But I do admire the fact that the length of the sleeves doesn’t bug you. It makes the jacket look unbalanced and too big for you. Did you try the 40? My problem is a bit the other way with sleeves often being too short. The Mulholland is another stylish jacket from Freewheelers. The sleeves are cut on an angle. Anyhoo I have enjoyed following your journey with the Caboose to date. By the way what does it matter what I think you seem happy with the jacket despite the sleeve length. Enjoy no matter what others say or think. I would not pass this jacket up.

I did try the 40 on at Desolation Row during my trip to Japan recently. It was too small. Even this one is snug even if it doesn't look like it. I couldn't really move my arms in the 40.

I really want the Mulholland too haha. The good news with that one is that the sleeves are a little shorter.

LeFonque

One of the Regulars
I did try the 40 on at Desolation Row during my trip to Japan recently. It was too small. Even this one is snug even if it doesn't look like it. I couldn't really move my arms in the 40.

I really want the Mulholland too haha. The good news with that one is that the sleeves are a little shorter.
The Mulholland is a little more forgiving and not as trim fit as the Caboose although not by much. Both are beautiful jackets and would I recommend them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21