1. Thread galleries are live! Please let us know what you think of them in the thread in the Observation Bar.

Freewheelers LaBrea

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Carlos840, Jul 3, 2018.

1. nick123

nick123 I'll Lock Up

I'm lost. I have no idea what you guys are referring to lol. It's been a long week.

2. ProteinNerd

ProteinNerd My Mail is Forwarded Here

Yes, by folding the tab over the main part of the zipper the little point goes into the zipper box (?) and it stops the zipper from moving in either direction until you "unlock" it by folding the tab back down. Not that I've ever really had zippers that moved much by themselves during normal wear.

3. navetsea

navetsea Call Me a Cab

i probably would make a tight leather sleeve over the puller, or heat shrink plastic sleeve/ tube for cable connector
    [​IMG]
    before sanding off, but if you have decided to sand it off, better make it smooth all the way, dremel it smooth.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
    red devil likes this.
  4. Carlos840

Carlos840 One Too Many

They do just what @ProteinNerd described, but mine never locked in place.
    These make sens in case of a pocket zipper, or a main zipper, because gravity will keep the tab down and the little spiked locked in between two teeth preventing the zipper from moving up or down.

When used at the sleeves they only really lock if you were to wear gauntlet gloves above them, otherwise they flop and always end up with the point pointing out, ready to scratch your life away.

I checked the Rin Tanaka book, he has pictures of two jackets like this one, one has the same zippers, one has non locking zippers. Interrestingly, in both cases they use non locking zippers for the D pocket.

ProteinNerd and willyto like this.
  5. dudewuttheheck

dudewuttheheck One Too Many

Can't blame you for fixing that issue at all. If it helps you wear it more, then great!

ton312 and El Marro like this.