Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Freewheelers LaBrea

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
water stains to me looks good when overlapping each other from several water spots, kinda like flecktarn camo. used to have some on my natural hide from several time worn under a drizzling day i purposefully exposed the jacket into before obenauf oil even them out.

Kuro

Practically Family
@Robbie79 @dudewuttheheck @willyto

How do you guys feel about getting this leather wet?

Basically i got the jacket, the first time i put it on i managed to make two water stains on it within seconds. (Beard was still wet from the shower...)
That made me go "screw it" and i decided to treat this jacket as if it was a regular leather jacket.
It has been raining all week, and i have been wearing it in the rain all week.
The first few outings i came back looking spotted like a leopard and as the water dried it was leaving huge water stains, after a week the jacket has gained great grain, the colour has much more depth and is much darker from the water only, and elbow creases are looking sweet.
The leather is a lot less even looking, there are light and dark areas, few stains, it really improved a lot from out of the box.

This made me wonder if you guys wore your jackets in the rain? Or are they reserved for sunny weather?

So very jealous.

Did you end up buying it from Avenue? How was the experience?

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
@Robbie79 @dudewuttheheck @willyto

How do you guys feel about getting this leather wet?

Basically i got the jacket, the first time i put it on i managed to make two water stains on it within seconds. (Beard was still wet from the shower...)
That made me go "screw it" and i decided to treat this jacket as if it was a regular leather jacket.
It has been raining all week, and i have been wearing it in the rain all week.
The first few outings i came back looking spotted like a leopard and as the water dried it was leaving huge water stains, after a week the jacket has gained great grain, the colour has much more depth and is much darker from the water only, and elbow creases are looking sweet.
The leather is a lot less even looking, there are light and dark areas, few stains, it really improved a lot from out of the box.

This made me wonder if you guys wore your jackets in the rain? Or are they reserved for sunny weather?
I wear all my leather jackets in the rain. We don't get a lot of it here, but it does not stop me from wearing my leather jackets and all of mine are veg tanned. I think that Shinki benefits a lot from rain and as you said, it opens up the grain and gives it an ever greater depth of color.

Personally, I have not seen the water spots or stains that you are talking about. I do notice that certain areas get a little darker for a bit after the rain hits, but no major water spots. When I first got into leather jackets, I was afraid to wear them in the rain. Now I quite look forward to it.

willyto

One Too Many
The Darius in the sunlight. I haven’t worn it since Spring started though.

30BD6063-318D-48F9-AB2E-7C03C900C07E.jpeg
A5F6A3A7-43E5-442B-A617-A8679E2ED06D.jpeg
@Carlos840 I wear mine in the rain without worrying about it. As you mention they get spots when wet but when dry they blend in and the grain pops up.

The Darius above was sprayed with water until fully soaked. Nothing bad happened to it.

Leigh H

Practically Family
I've just gotten caught by surprise in quick rain shower today wearing my natural leather jacket. It's inevitable and unavoidable really, unless you live in southern cali :). Each jacket becomes unique in its own way and you've gotta roll with these natural leather scars. They're not for the faint hearted.

R5MUBae.jpg

D29JGso.jpg

Kuro

Practically Family
@Carlos840

When are we going to be able to see the Yellow Ochre deerskin La Brea? I have been looking forward to seeing your usual photos of it!

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
@Carlos840

When are we going to be able to see the Yellow Ochre deerskin La Brea? I have been looking forward to seeing your usual photos of it!

Soon...
Right now i am dealing with this crap:

6Ue9xfE.jpg

DI5Sytj.jpg

Not really had much time to think about leather jackets, but i might have some time to take pics tomorrow...
Before someone asks, i didn't drop it on there, a storm did.

Brandrea33

One Too Many
Soon...

6Ue9xfE.jpg

DI5Sytj.jpg

Not really had much time to think about leather jackets, but i might have some time to take pics tomorrow...

Sorry to see this Carlos… hope no one was injured from this.

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
Soon...
If I was your neighbor we would be taking care of that rite now !!
6Ue9xfE.jpg

DI5Sytj.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot