Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Freewheelers leather jackets

TheBigEraser

One of the Regulars
Inspired by the conversation with @jeo regarding his jacket
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/thr...ou-wearing-today.82949/page-1726#post-2833497

I see that his Mulholland still has the ‘Bootleg’ main zipper, which is different with ‘whizzer’ main zipper on most Mulholland jackets nowadays. I checked some blogs and found at least Mulholland produced after 2015 all equipped with whizzer main zippers. I personally believe that this bootleg main zipper is related to the predecessor of Freewheelers, Bootleggers. My guess would be some zippers which were produced for Bootleggers were inherited by Freewheelers. So in early years Freewheelers just used these stock on their Mulholland. Or jeo might actually own a Mulholland from Bootleggers instead of Freewheelers.

My question to those (older) Mulholland owner: if you do clearly know which year your Mulholland was produced, could you please show your zippers?

maybe Mr. @Blackadder can explain this?

edit: typo

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yes, the zippers are remnants of the "Bootleggers" days but I don't think they had the Muholland back then.
My Bootleggers twin peaks has the same zipper.
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/p817678452
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e489692363
i-img900x1200-1608202595kmyagm38272.jpg

Attachments

• i-img1200x900-1608202598fgxcof1176154.jpg
    i-img1200x900-1608202598fgxcof1176154.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 1,036
Last edited:

TheBigEraser

One of the Regulars
Yes, the zippers are remnants of the "Bootleggers" days but I don't think they had the Muholland back then.
My Bootleggers twin peaks has the same zipper.
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/p817678452
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e489692363
View attachment 367478
Thanks for the confirmation. Regarding Mulholland, I found this picture:

y-1.jpg

https://buyersbox.jp/2017/02/1-215/
According to the link this seems like a Mulholland from Bootleggers (#631003)?

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab

y-1.jpg

My dream jacket! I was close to buy the brown one about 1 week ago but I have too many brown jackets (also black jackets). A fellow member went to VMC Originals Zurich (Switzerland) this week and told me that they have a very large selection of Freewheelers leather jackets, jackets and other Freewheelers stuff but also many other brands like Clinch and well-known Japanese brands. He said that it felt like being in heaven. They don't ship outside Switzerland if I understood correctly - just face to face but then you can safe tax and duty (25% for Germany).

Blackadder

y-1.jpg

Found out that they changed the name from Bootleggers to FW in or around 2009. I have never seen the Muhollands before 2012-2013 but I could be wrong.

Last edited:

TheBigEraser

One of the Regulars
My dream jacket! I was close to buy the brown one about 1 week ago but I have too many brown jackets (also black jackets). A fellow member went to VMC Originals Zurich (Switzerland) this week and told me that they have a very large selection of Freewheelers leather jackets, jackets and other Freewheelers stuff but also many other brands like Clinch and well-known Japanese brands. He said that it felt like being in heaven. They don't ship outside Switzerland if I understood correctly - just face to face but then you can safe tax and duty (25% for Germany).
Vintage brown is for sure a nice option! I think VMC has quite reasonable price for Freewheelers products compared to other European retailers. I inquired their La brea before and it was almost at the level of Japanese retailers (after shopping tax).

Seank

A-List Customer
6817A7B5-84EA-498F-A374-EC624C1F8926.jpeg
A follow up…

some of ya might remember the drama (not really) I went through with getting my Muholland. I ordered a 40, fit looked amazing but I couldn’t move in it, way to tight in the shoulders. So I advertised it here for sale because I wanted to trade up to a 42.
Ordered the 42…then ended up trading the 40 for a FW Sunset, black in 42.

so the 42 Muholland hasn’t come without it’s own issues. Man these Japanese jackets are really hard to fit. Same exp I had with RMC. When they fit my shoulders/chest the sleeves and body are to long. When the sleeves and body are the right length the shoulders and chest are way to tight. With no custom options I had to size up…cause I have to be able to move in it…then came Dena from Great Leathers!

I was nervous about having it altered but took the leap and had the sleeves on the 42 shortened an inch and she did a fantastic job. Couldn’t do anything about the body length, but I can live with it. Now after all the trial and error I have my “custom” Muholland that I love!!!
I may also sell or trade the Sunset as I haven’t worn it since I traded for it. (Anyway want to chat about it feel free to PM me) When I want a cross zip I usually reach for my Thedi.

6817A7B5-84EA-498F-A374-EC624C1F8926.jpeg

sweetfights

View attachment 373449 A follow up…

some of ya might remember the drama (not really) I went through with getting my Muholland. I ordered a 40, fit looked amazing but I couldn’t move in it, way to tight in the shoulders. So I advertised it here for sale because I wanted to trade up to a 42.

so the 42 Muholland hasn’t come without it’s own issues. Man these Japanese jackets are really hard to fit. Same exp I had with RMC. When they fit my shoulders/chest the sleeves and body are to long. When the sleeves and body are the right length the shoulders and chest are way to tight. With no custom options I had to size up…cause I have to be able to move in it…then came Dena from Great Leathers!

I was nervous about having it altered but took the leap and had the sleeves on the 42 shortened an inch and she did a fantastic job. Couldn’t do anything about the body length, but I can live with it. Now after all the trial and error I have my “custom” Muholland that I love!!!
I may also sell or trade the Sunset as I haven’t worn it since I traded for it. (Anyway want to chat about it feel free to PM me) When I want a cross zip I usually reach for my Thedi.

View attachment 373449

Great looking fit and jacket. Winning big time Seank!

Brandrea33

One Too Many
View attachment 373449 A follow up…

View attachment 373449

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk