Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Freewheelers leather jackets

Fireflame

One of the Regulars
Love to see all these great FW jackets. Would you guys know if they come in 46. Closest I’ve come to fitting one was a 44 but it was a bit too tight.

whorishconsumer

Familiar Face
I did. Thanks for making me feel more depressed lol. The jacket fit me perfectly otherwise , IMHO.

View attachment 352822 View attachment 352823

It sounds to me like sleeve length (and other measurements) may vary from year to year. I believe @sweetfights has a 44 that has 26”(ish) sleeves. I believe and I believe his was made in 2020.

I guess the bottom line is if you can find one, get them to measure it for you first.

Do you happen to recall the version year for the one they sent you? It sounds like it was not 2020, so 2021?

For what it's worth, I disagree with those stating poor fit – I think the jacket looks perfectly fine, even with the short arms. I've gotten the sense from creepin' in these parts that the regulars at TFL are heavy adherents to Platonism. I understand why you returned it. I would have done the same, for the same reason.

Btw, as was suggested earlier, measuring with a construction tape measure will give a less accurate read, by as much as an inch. You want a cloth measure for a more accurate read. Even if you are not attempting to fully capture the curve of the sleeve, there is still a difference in the measurement you get.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
General question for owners of the Mulholland: how warm have you found the lining to be?
agree with what @ericsanpablo31 said. the flannel lining feels warmer than the cotton twill/satin/cotton drill/wool or wool blend linings I've ever had. it works great with a shirt for the Fall/Winter even early Spring where I live. the flannel is easy to wear,getting the jacket on/off is easy and it has a nice feel agains the skin

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
General question for owners of the Mulholland: how warm have you found the lining to be?
I didn't find it to be preventatively warm even in socal. Could I wear it in as warm of weather as my unlined jackets or cotton drill jackets? No. However, I didn't find it much warmer than my cotton flannel lined Freewheelers jackets... and that may partly be because of the deerskin leather on the cotton flannel jackets.

Brandrea33

One Too Many
Do you happen to recall the version year for the one they sent you? It sounds like it was not 2020, so 2021?

For what it's worth, I disagree with those stating poor fit – I think the jacket looks perfectly fine, even with the short arms. I've gotten the sense from creepin' in these parts that the regulars at TFL are heavy adherents to Platonism. I understand why you returned it. I would have done the same, for the same reason.

Btw, as was suggested earlier, measuring with a construction tape measure will give a less accurate read, by as much as an inch. You want a cloth measure for a more accurate read. Even if you are not attempting to fully capture the curve of the sleeve, there is still a difference in the measurement you get.

Thanks for this. I thought it fit well except for the short sleeves. I do understand “fit” to be a VERY subjective.

Mine was from the newest 2021 batch. From speaking with @sweetfights his is from 2019 and has the longer sleeves.

I may try again next year if the vendor will agree to hold a tape to the jacket for me:rolleyes:

whorishconsumer

Familiar Face
Thanks for this. I thought it fit well except for the short sleeves. I do understand “fit” to be a VERY subjective.

Mine was from the newest 2021 batch. From speaking with @sweetfights his is from 2019 and has the longer sleeves.

I may try again next year if the vendor will agree to hold a tape to the jacket for me:rolleyes:

I reached out to Speedway and they gave me the following for the 2020 model they have in 44:

Sleeve (shoulder to cuff): 65 cm
Back length (from base of collar): 66 cm

They said the 2021 was "the same size as all years". I kind of doubt that, and assume these measurements vary jacket-to-jacket. But similar to you, 65 cm arm length is just a bit too short for me, even with an accommodating shoulder.

I'm hoping to travel to Japan next year and try these on in-person. Hoping they'll have a brown Mulholland reissued by then.

Brandrea33

One Too Many
I reached out to Speedway and they gave me the following for the 2020 model they have in 44:

Sleeve (shoulder to cuff): 65 cm
Back length (from base of collar): 66 cm

They said the 2021 was "the same size as all years". I kind of doubt that, and assume these measurements vary jacket-to-jacket. But similar to you, 65 cm arm length is just a bit too short for me, even with an accommodating shoulder.

I'm hoping to travel to Japan next year and try these on in-person. Hoping they'll have a brown Mulholland reissued by then.

The one they shipped me was definitely 24.5” long. Maybe it comes down to how it’s measured …

I personally would buy again unless I could see the tape on the jacket.

Kuro

Practically Family
The one they shipped me was definitely 24.5” long. Maybe it comes down to how it’s measured …

I personally would buy again unless I could see the tape on the jacket.

Just some feedback. I have purchased two Freewheelers jackets from Watanabe-san of Genco Clothing, a Centinela and a La Brea. On both occasions I sent him photos of a jacket I own with measuring tape showing how I want a measurement and for comparison. He would then take the same measurements of a jacket (as I demonstrated) and photograph them and send the photos back to me of the jacket I want to purchase. This process made it very obvious if the jacket would fit or not, not to mention he would offer input based on comparison of the jacket I sent him measurements of.

I understand you may be looking for a jacket he does not have, but for future reference he does provide photos of the jacket you want to purchase being measured, even in a way that you prefer measuring over some other way, he copied the way I measured in photos for example.

Good luck!

Brandrea33

One Too Many
Just some feedback. I have purchased two Freewheelers jackets from Watanabe-san of Genco Clothing, a Centinela and a La Brea. On both occasions I sent him photos of a jacket I own with measuring tape showing how I want a measurement and for comparison. He would then take the same measurements of a jacket (as I demonstrated) and photograph them and send the photos back to me of the jacket I want to purchase. This process made it very obvious if the jacket would fit or not, not to mention he would offer input based on comparison of the jacket I sent him measurements of.

I understand you may be looking for a jacket he does not have, but for future reference he does provide photos of the jacket you want to purchase being measured, even in a way that you prefer measuring over some other way, he copied the way I measured in photos for example.

Good luck!

That’s good to know for sure. I’ve booked marked this thread and appreciate you for mentioning this.

willyto

One Too Many

Good luck!
That's next level customer service. I hope that people don't start abusing his service and then go buy somewhere else though.

TheBigEraser

One of the Regulars
That's next level customer service. I hope that people don't start abusing his service and then go buy somewhere else though.
I don’t see the reason tho… if Genco has already offered VAT deduction and lower declaration value. FW’s leather jackets are never on discount and all the Japanese distributors sell them in the same price.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Watanabe-san from Genco is a real one, I got my black Mulholland from them and my experience was nothing short of exceptional. They don't alter the declaration value but they don't charge for the local tax

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ