Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Freewheelers leather jackets

Brandrea33

One Too Many
I already knew it was going to fit well but so stoked to finally have this in black vintage. Now for the break in. This is a heavily waxed shinki with light brown core. The hide is very smooth grained unlike my brown Mulholland that has very pronounced grains. Very different to the full aniline and black teacore shinki I have from FL.

Congratulations, these jackets look like they are made for you!:D

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Damn, that’s nice!
Thanks @jonesy86 its a flattering fit

Fits you wonderfully @Jin431 . Makes me wish a Mulholland would work for me now, but it just doesn't.
Thanks @dudewuttheheck im lucky this works for my frame. Too bad the Mulholland doesn't work for you anymore but the Bodie looks great on you

Looks like it was custom made! Congratulations!
Thanks @sweetfights it feels like it too. It feels slightly smaller than my brown Mulholland. the shoulders is only 1/4" smaller but makes a big difference in feel so hopefully it stretches with wear

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
I fully agree with you that this is not a good fit. I could live with the sleeve length, but that's just personal preference. What I couldn't live with is the huge neck hole plus bottom hem overhang. What you need is a size 42L which probably doesn't exist.

I think you're high LOL. My thoughts were the opposite looking at his pics...that the fit looked great, but the sleeves were short for my tastes. Not too short, just short for my own preference.

Brandrea33

One Too Many
I think you're high LOL. My thoughts were the opposite looking at his pics...that the fit looked great, but the sleeves were short for my tastes. Not too short, just short for my own preference.

Thanks … I thought the jacket was a great fit, except for the sleeve length … many others disagree. Such is the world of leather jackets lol

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Thanks … I thought the jacket was a great fit, except for the sleeve length … many others disagree. Such is the world of leather jackets lol

My 2 cts.: I always thought the Mulholland doesn’t work optimal for that scrawny, tall, westerner physique (no offense to anybody, just speaking generally). It’s a good enough fit for me, but while I could never zip up a 42, the 44 looks best layered with a sweater.
i guess, with our size and build, @brandrea, it’s down to sheer luck if you dial into the numbers of the Mulholland or not.

One serious qualification to that is of course the fit @Super achieved. He completely nailed it…

Brandrea33

One Too Many
My 2 cts.: I always thought the Mulholland doesn’t work optimal for that scrawny, tall, westerner physique (no offense to anybody, just speaking generally). It’s a good enough fit for me, but while I could never zip up a 42, the 44 looks best layered with a sweater.
i guess, with our size and build, @brandrea, it’s down to sheer luck if you dial into the numbers of the Mulholland or not.

One serious qualification to that is of course the fit @Super achieved. He completely nailed it…

I’ll take that as a compliment Tom :rolleyes:

I had hoped the MH would be a jacket I could layer under and it would’ve worked for that me thinks (maybe).

Since I’m not about to buff up at my age, I’ll continue my search for another jacket to fit my cowboy physique :). Maybe another Himel.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
I’ll take that as a compliment Tom :rolleyes:

I had hoped the MH would be a jacket I could layer under and it would’ve worked for that me thinks (maybe).

Since I’m not about to buff up at my age, I’ll continue my search for another jacket to fit my cowboy physique :). Maybe another Himel.

Why not have a look at an Addict AD-01? The webpage lists measurements, and I bet a 44 would be spot-on for you.
You can of course go with the original too (Lewis Leathers Corsair), but arms and body are shorter and chest wider than the Addict.

Or tell Greg at Field Leather you are looking into something “Mulholland-ish” and he’ll sort you out in no time (ok, taking the last two words with a pinch of salt. Or a kilo..). Just make sure to tell him, you want a “Cowboy-fit” (love that!!) and not a “Rockstar-fit”. He has that 20something default setting of always going for a tight fit.

Brandrea33

One Too Many
Why not have a look at an Addict AD-01? The webpage lists measurements, and I bet a 44 would be spot-on for you.
You can of course go with the original too (Lewis Leathers Corsair), but arms and body are shorter and chest wider than the Addict.

Or tell Greg at Field Leather you are looking into something “Mulholland-ish” and he’ll sort you out in no time (ok, taking the last two words with a pinch of salt. Or a kilo..). Just make sure to tell him, you want a “Cowboy-fit” (love that!!) and not a “Rockstar-fit”. He has that 20something default setting of always going for a tight fit.

Thanks for this Tom. I just had a look at The Addict and it does look like something that might work well … problem is I’m not sure how much I trust published measurements after my recent Mulholland experience.

I think I’m going to stay closer to home on my next jacket purchase. For me, if I can’t try it on first I doubt I’m a buyer. This was an expensive lesson.

As in my previous thread I’m inclined to follow @Peacoat advice #27.

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/thr...-with-different-jacket-patterns.102283/page-2

Last edited:

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for this Tom. I just had a look at The Addict and it does look like something that might work well … problem is I’m not sure how much I trust published measurements after my recent Mulholland experience.

I think I’m going to stay closer to home on my next jacket purchase. For me, if I can’t try it on first I doubt I’m a buyer. This was an expensive lesson.

As in my previous thread I’m inclined to follow @Peacoat advice #27.

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/thr...-with-different-jacket-patterns.102283/page-2

Of course! Almost immediately upon pressing “post” I realised that you are basically walking distance to Dave. If I had that opportunity, I would have a Heron in D-Brown oil tan for years now…

As for Addict: I have a local reseller that’s absolutely helpful in re-measuring and comparing details with other makers. That way, even If I am not happy, I can return to them without having to worry about customs, VAT, courier etc.

Looking at the Mulholland in the classifieds- the back length seems to be 1 inch shorter than I prefer. I’m 5’10. Does anyone have input on the length of these jackets? Do they feel shortish? I know GW measurements can be deceiving with length due to John’s collar placement, is this the case with FW? Does it wear longer than it seems?

Brandrea33

One Too Many
Looking at the Mulholland in the classifieds- the back length seems to be 1 inch shorter than I prefer. I’m 5’10. Does anyone have input on the length of these jackets? Do they feel shortish? I know GW measurements can be deceiving with length due to John’s collar placement, is this the case with FW? Does it wear longer than it seems?

The one they shipped me measured 25.5” in the back length.
9DA7AC9B-05D5-4BC3-8545-BB8EBEF0D950.jpeg

BloodEagle

A-List Customer
Ah thanks for the info - oh dear, thats dissapointing - sleeves that length definitely count me out of ordering one after all, and its a shame you had to go through the inconvenience and expense to find this out.

Brandrea33

One Too Many
Ah thanks for the info - oh dear, thats dissapointing - sleeves that length definitely count me out of ordering one after all, and its a shame you had to go through the inconvenience and expense to find this out.

It sounds to me like sleeve length (and other measurements) may vary from year to year. I believe @sweetfights has a 44 that has 26”(ish) sleeves. I believe and I believe his was made in 2020.

I guess the bottom line is if you can find one, get them to measure it for you first.

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It sounds to me like sleeve length (and other measurements) may vary from year to year. I believe @sweetfights has a 44 that has 26”(ish) sleeves. I believe and I believe his was made in 2020.

I guess the bottom line is if you can find one, get them to measure it for you first.
I believe my model year was 2019- last of that batch in my size. Sleeves measure very slightly under 26 inches on the size 44.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Please see attched: 2020 model in size 44. Sleeves are 25,8" (around the curve) or 24,4" (measured straight).

One more thing: Shoulders are 20,2". I normally aim at ca. 18,5". You see the overhang of the shoulders quite clearly. This, of course, gives me an extra half inch or so in "factual" sleeve lenght.

Anyway, I am happy with the fit, although I repeat my impression that this models generally works better for a more stocky physique.

Mulholland7.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112