Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Freewheelers leather jackets

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Please see attched: 2020 model in size 44. Sleeves are 25,8" (around the curve) or 24,4" (measured straight).

One more thing: Shoulders are 20,2". I normally aim at ca. 18,5". You see the overhang of the shoulders quite clearly. This, of course, gives me an extra half inch or so in "factual" sleeve lenght.

Anyway, I am happy with the fit, although I repeat my impression that this models generally works better for a more stocky physique.

View attachment 354642

It would seem that the 2019 batch was the last edition with longer sleeves. My slightly under 26 inches is the straight measurement. This all speaks to the universal challenge of getting Off The Rack and whether or not it will fit.

Roy Hobbs

One of the Regulars
Anyone know if the FW Switchyard coat comes in brown? I see a few available on ebay and speedway but they all are in 'rude black'. When I search online though, I do see a few brown ones. Not sure how often these come around but definitely interested in this one.
Thanks!
upload_2021-8-20_11-46-2.jpeg

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
FW Mulholland in vintage black. Still pretty rigid but folds are coming on nicely. The back of my hands are sore from where the cuffs are digging in so I'm massaging/folding it to place. I'm slowly teaching the leather strap on the bottom hem to adjust to my size, still a long way (about 50% there) to go to where I want it to cinch.

IMG_2398.PNG

IMG_2396.jpg

IMG_2399.PNG

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Anyone know if the FW Switchyard coat comes in brown? I see a few available on ebay and speedway but they all are in 'rude black'. When I search online though, I do see a few brown ones. Not sure how often these come around but definitely interested in this one.
Thanks!
View attachment 355524

I read that it came in dead lead brown? or whatever brown they name it but looks like it's one of those that is not regularly made for each Fall/winter season. Maybe reach out to speedway Sendai/Genco et al Japanese retailers as I'm sure they'll have a more detailed answer for you. Happy hunting.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
FW Mulholland in vintage black. Still pretty rigid but folds are coming on nicely. The back of my hands are sore from where the cuffs are digging in so I'm massaging/folding it to place. I'm slowly teaching the leather strap on the bottom hem to adjust to my size, still a long way (about 50% there) to go to where I want it to cinch.

View attachment 356275

View attachment 356274

View attachment 356276
Such a cool jacket. Fit is spot on. I don't think Greg could have done it any better :)

Are those side adjusters functional? Isn't the leather way too stiff for them to work?

Brandrea33

One Too Many

View attachment 356275

View attachment 356274

View attachment 356276

You really do wear it well. Actually, all of the jackets you post here fit you extremely well IMO.

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here

View attachment 356275

View attachment 356274

View attachment 356276
The perfect jacket.
If you only have one jacket this is it!
Wow- great fit! Cannot get any better.
You and Superfluos.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Such a cool jacket. Fit is spot on. I don't think Greg could have done it any better :)

Are those side adjusters functional? Isn't the leather way too stiff for them to work?
Thanks @Marc mndt, it does fit very well. So well that I don't think I can squeeze a warm sweater underneath it comfortably because the armhole is high and small but good thing I can get away with just a light longsleeved shirt and the heavy flannel lining for my local climate. The 2021 version seems to be smaller than my older brown Mulholland.

The strap does work, you have to bend/fold the leather band some to soften it up and then slowly cinch it bit by bit where you want it in place.

Yeah, they are functional. You need to disengage them completely and work them until they are pliable. After that they work ok.
Thanks @Tom71 that is how I am doing it too. The D rings won't be that as secure as first compared to a pronged buckle but when the strap is more pliable then the D rings remain in place well. I haven't needed to adjust the securement on my brown Mulholland for 5 months now.

You really do wear it well. Actually, all of the jackets you post here fit you extremely well IMO.
Thanks @Brandrea33. I am very lucky in that regards that my preferred patterns work well for my body shape (anything V shaped seems to work best for me). It looks like I'm the archetypal size 36 body lol the struggle will be keeping the same body shape. If I go a size up it will be too long in the sleeves/back length for me and it won't look as tailored.

The perfect jacket.
If you only have one jacket this is it!
Wow- great fit! Cannot get any better.
You and Superfluos.
Thanks @sweetfights. I love the straight zip Cal iterations a lot and I'm glad the pattern works well for me. This jacket and the brown one will serve me well if I wanted to downsize my collection lol I can't just have one. @Superfluous black Mulholland certainly fits him well

Colin G

One Too Many
Mulhollands look good on you guys.

I really like my Freewheekrs stuff so I was excited to find a Mulholland in a 40 while in Japan last year but did not like it and was let down since I was expecting something that fit me better. I found it very boxy but @Jin431, it looks truly superb on you. Well done.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Mulhollands look good on you guys.

I really like my Freewheekrs stuff so I was excited to find a Mulholland in a 40 while in Japan last year but did not like it and was let down since I was expecting something that fit me better. I found it very boxy but @Jin431, it looks truly superb on you. Well done.

Thanks! Anything straight zip CHP is my go to and favorite pattern. It's not tapered as compared to my other jackets with the 36 Mulholland having 20.5" chest to 18.25 hem but thankfully the side adjusters work on this jacket so i can get the bottom hem to 17.75 for that V shaped look

Too bad it didn't work out when you tried it out, good thing you were able to do a fit test in person. I hope you atleast got something that worked better for your physique while you were in Japan!

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
@Jin431 I wish I could get a Mulholland to fit me as well as that one fits you. Perfect!

Well maybe down the road once you settle your weight to your desired range and in the maintenance phase of working out. Do you think you are between sizes? I remember your new MF campus is a 36 if so a 36 Mulholland might fit but don't get the 2021 batch as it fits smaller. I'm 5'5", dry weight in the morning ranges 144-146

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Well maybe down the road once you settle your weight to your desired range and in the maintenance phase of working out. Do you think you are between sizes? I remember your new MF campus is a 36 if so a 36 Mulholland might fit but don't get the 2021 batch as it fits smaller. I'm 5'5", dry weight in the morning ranges 144-146
Yeah I would definitely want to try out a size 36 Mulholland. I'm 5'7" and 168lb dry, but I always have to size down in the chest on leather jackets... and any jackets actually.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ