Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Freewheelers leather jackets

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I did not go custom however I paid the USD price in Canadian dollars then had a Japanese acquaintance (for a large fee) ship it to me here in Canada.

Do you mean that–all costs considered–you ended up paying the US price? Or that all of these costs were on top of the US price?

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
if the jacket is a biker MC jacket I would say rock it like a rockstar, but for something that look more like police jacket I think the sleeve is indeed inappropriately way too short

58panheadfan

One Too Many
FW La Brea Lot. 1431009 made from famous „early“ Shinki HH

IMG_4644.jpeg

IMG_4645.jpeg

Last edited:

Aloysius

Given the popularity of the Freewheelers Mulholland here and of Aero on the other, I'm surprised that the Aero CHP jacket doesn't get more attention from customers on TFL (especially those who don't fit into FW sizing).

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Given the popularity of the Freewheelers Mulholland here and of Aero on the other, I'm surprised that the Aero CHP jacket doesn't get more attention from customers on TFL (especially those who don't fit into FW sizing).

That’s a valid point. Only guessing, but sizing the Aero CHiPs isn’t easy as well. It has a pretty aggressive taper chest to hem, so I was never sure how to really dial in the numbers.
Anyway, it still has a safe place on my longlist of future jackets.

sweetfights

Do you mean that–all costs considered–you ended up paying the US price? Or that all of these costs were on top of the US price?
USD to Canadian conversion plus I paid my Japanese contact for shipping and declaration out of Japan and an agreed to "user fee".

Brandrea33

One Too Many
Seeing how beautifully tapered this cuff is makes me wonder what a Fine Creek Leathers version of it would look like. Maybe it could double as motorcycle breeches. :D

They are too short indeed.

I made a thread myself about jackets we keep around even though they don't fit… but the key thing is mine cost me less than half the retail price (at the Schott factory sale)–if I had paid full price, or Freewheelers price, I would move it on.

Did you do the Freewheelers custom jacket option? I think Carlos said it costs 100,000 JPY on top of retail? Seems like it can backfire sometimes, like Jason Momoa's Freewheelers, but a sleeve extension shouldn't be too hard.
Do tell … I didn’t know this was an option.

Brandrea33

One Too Many

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Has anyone purchased any Freewheeler leather jackets 2022 / 2023 production? If so from what store?

The last time I saw some FW jackets were available (post 2022 production) was only the Centinella in larger sizes, for over ¥400,000 yikes!

ChewingWax

One of the Regulars
Not here, not yet lol
Has anyone purchased any Freewheeler leather jackets 2022 / 2023 production? If so from what store?

The last time I saw some FW jackets were available (post 2022 production) was only the Centinella in larger sizes, for over ¥400,000 yikes!
Apparently Leatherings.com is selling the Mulholland for $220. I keep trying to buy it but the purchase won't go through with ApplePay
027CC989-F062-46BF-BA24-30F1FCBBA157.jpeg

Last edited:

cbez

One Too Many
Liking caboose a lot. The lining is soo plush and comfy compared to the synthetics I'm used to (cupro etc). Body is too small for me and I can lose some stomach but not sure how much the chest will shrink. but it feels good unzipped. The zipper pull is worn and I'm thinking about looking into replacing it.

Attachments

• 20230401_143306.jpg
    20230401_143306.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 61
What is Black Rock and what does it do to CXL please?
Cheers.

0C9E3A95-D498-4427-8B33-127959C0202C.jpeg

The CXL looks like newer CXL. It didn’t get rid of the brown popping up from under the blue. It didn’t give the hide a waxy feel. And the CXL is not shiny now. It just gave it enough nourishment to provide a nice sheen so it looks newer. Still soft and broken in like before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner