Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Freewheelers leather jackets

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
If it looks to good to be true, it is. Nobody who has a Freewheelers would sell for that price. Plus that place looks like it sells knock offs

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
There was one in like new condition in size 36 or 38 I can't remember. Saw it over the weekend for like ¥220,000 and it's gone I just checked now. I've never seen a real one listed for less recently.

Jasonissm

Practically Family
There was one in like new condition in size 36 or 38 I can't remember. Saw it over the weekend for like ¥220,000 and it's gone I just checked now. I've never seen a real one listed for less recently.
One in size 44 went for ¥250,000 a few weeks ago as well. They hold their value alright, even within the Japanese market.

Al 916

One Too Many
View attachment 504600

The CXL looks like newer CXL. It didn’t get rid of the brown popping up from under the blue. It didn’t give the hide a waxy feel. And the CXL is not shiny now. It just gave it enough nourishment to provide a nice sheen so it looks newer. Still soft and broken in like before.
And why can I not get this in the UK!

cbez

One Too Many

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
not my favorite leather of their's tbh. could just be my subjective taste. similar to my brother bridge boots which are polish horsehide.
I don't have a Mulholland for this same reason. Had a shot at one but didn't take it. The aged photos looks like this:
1692381271931.jpeg

Must be popular in Japan before. I think this is just a thicker version of the Shinki full aniline. The teacore one drapes better, even at thicker thickness and won't stiff up like these creases.

But Mulholland seems to continue to be in demand, even now its no longer available...

cbez

One Too Many
I don't have a Mulholland for this same reason. Had a shot at one but didn't take it. The aged photos looks like this:
View attachment 541014
Must be popular in Japan before. I think this is just a thicker version of the Shinki full aniline. The teacore one drapes better, even at thicker thickness and won't stiff up like these creases.

But Mulholland seems to continue to be in demand, even now its no longer available...
not a bad looking jacket by any means, just not a personal fan of the tight and uniform grain, esp on that auction example.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 541014

I agree, these wrinkles / rolls are not a good look. Too much definition.

BloodEagle

A-List Customer
View attachment 541014

I can barely even look at that jacket, I just remember how heavy and uncomfortable the Mulholland that I had for a short while was, it looks so similar - it just hung wrong everywhere and had the narrowest cuffs of all time Maybe mine was an outlier, but I coudnt stand it. .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland