Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Freewheelers Mulholland in Vintage Brown

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
As many of you know, I weightlifted myself out of my oldest two jackets - my RMC A2 and my Himel Grizzly. My Aero A1 did not work out either due to the cut not working out for me and the fact that while I am gaining muscle, I have also been losing weight at the same time. I'm already down two inches at the waist after a month and a half. With all these jackets sold, I had the opportunity to finally buy the brown Freewheelers Mulholland that the forum may remember me discussing about half a year ago. Fortunately, I was able to find the last one in my size in the world as far as I know. The store wouldn't ship to the states, but my friend in Japan was nice enough to proxy for me and the jacket arrived on Friday.

As I had hoped, it fits essentially exactly the same as my black Mulholland and therefore, pretty much perfectly. This is the first time I have ever even considered buying two of the same leather jacket, but I am so glad I did. The Sunset is probably still my favorite and will likely be even more after it gets back from having its sleeves altered by @Maverickson. Still, I do think the Mulholland is "my jacket."

As @Carlos840 pointed out astutely in another thread, this style of jacket fits me well and doesn't work on someone as V shaped as he is, despite it looking like it would. This jacket pattern simply seems to be perfect for my body. Even when I loose as much weight as I want, I still won't be built like Carlos. This jacket fits comfortably in the shoulders, the chest, and waist and it looks perfect on me in my opinion because it flairs out quite nicely on my hips when unzipped, but this has a slimming effect on me rather than the effect of making me look fatter as the Aero A1 did. The sleeves are a little long and the jacket is still rather stiff, but this should adjust with wear and if all else fails, I can get the sleeves shortened as I am doing with my Caboose and Sunset.

Construction is as you would expect from Freewheelers, meaning that it is as good as a leather jacket gets right now. For someone who loves neat stitching and embellishments, Freewheelers is perfect for me. Something cool about this and the other Mulholland jacket is that they both utilize two different outer stitching thread colors. There is a darker brown thread usually on the bottom of the body and the extremities of the jacket while a lighter brown thread is used on the body and a few other areas. This is another beautiful detail from Freewheelers that I love.

The leather is quite nice, but certainly is not my favorite leather color on its own. While it has that nice Shinki sheen, the color itself is a bit dull, but it is teacore and according to someone who owns this jacket, will develop into a more beautiful color. My biggest complaint is that they lined a brown jacket with a black liner. Sure, the pockets and sleeves are lined with blue flannel, but I really dislike the black liner.

Still, I am thrilled with this jacket and am so lucky to have gotten it. It's funny to me that I used to think this jacket was overdesigned a few years ago and maybe it is, but now I love it and am even more happy with how it fits me.

OFG5Jcx.jpg

b5Vo7u8.jpg

XNpKTor.jpg

Tvcz9Vi.jpg

lzkvHv9.jpg

WkFTbjW.jpg

CmVlg0z.jpg

xgy5Spr.jpg

McQhslp.jpg

Z5yn7wR.jpg

eC7FiRz.jpg

DqWnRRY.jpg

Fonzie

One Too Many
Perfect in every way, a pair of ace jackets you’ve got there.
I like the black lining contrast too. This jacket works so much better on you than the Aero A-1. The color is a bit dull now but I’m sure it’ll be great with some wear. Congrats!!

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
As many of you know, I weightlifted myself out of my oldest two jackets - my RMC A2 and my Himel Grizzly. My Aero A1 did not work out either due to the cut not working out for me and the fact that while I am gaining muscle, I have also been losing weight at the same time. I'm already down two inches at the waist after a month and a half. With all these jackets sold, I had the opportunity to finally buy the brown Freewheelers Mulholland that the forum may remember me discussing about half a year ago. Fortunately, I was able to find the last one in my size in the world as far as I know. The store wouldn't ship to the states, but my friend in Japan was nice enough to proxy for me and the jacket arrived on Friday.

As I had hoped, it fits essentially exactly the same as my black Mulholland and therefore, pretty much perfectly. This is the first time I have ever even considered buying two of the same leather jacket, but I am so glad I did. The Sunset is probably still my favorite and will likely be even more after it gets back from having its sleeves altered by @Maverickson. Still, I do think the Mulholland is "my jacket."

As @Carlos840 pointed out astutely in another thread, this style of jacket fits me well and doesn't work on someone as V shaped as he is, despite it looking like it would. This jacket pattern simply seems to be perfect for my body. Even when I loose as much weight as I want, I still won't be built like Carlos. This jacket fits comfortably in the shoulders, the chest, and waist and it looks perfect on me in my opinion because it flairs out quite nicely on my hips when unzipped, but this has a slimming effect on me rather than the effect of making me look fatter as the Aero A1 did. The sleeves are a little long and the jacket is still rather stiff, but this should adjust with wear and if all else fails, I can get the sleeves shortened as I am doing with my Caboose and Sunset.

Construction is as you would expect from Freewheelers, meaning that it is as good as a leather jacket gets right now. For someone who loves neat stitching and embellishments, Freewheelers is perfect for me. Something cool about this and the other Mulholland jacket is that they both utilize two different outer stitching thread colors. There is a darker brown thread usually on the bottom of the body and the extremities of the jacket while a lighter brown thread is used on the body and a few other areas. This is another beautiful detail from Freewheelers that I love.

The leather is quite nice, but certainly is not my favorite leather color on its own. While it has that nice Shinki sheen, the color itself is a bit dull, but it is teacore and according to someone who owns this jacket, will develop into a more beautiful color. My biggest complaint is that they lined a brown jacket with a black liner. Sure, the pockets and sleeves are lined with blue flannel, but I really dislike the black liner.

Still, I am thrilled with this jacket and am so lucky to have gotten it. It's funny to me that I used to think this jacket was overdesigned a few years ago and maybe it is, but now I love it and am even more happy with how it fits me.

OFG5Jcx.jpg

b5Vo7u8.jpg

XNpKTor.jpg

Tvcz9Vi.jpg

lzkvHv9.jpg

WkFTbjW.jpg

CmVlg0z.jpg

xgy5Spr.jpg

McQhslp.jpg

Z5yn7wR.jpg

eC7FiRz.jpg

DqWnRRY.jpg
A couple of beautiful jackets. I love the big collar.

jeo

One Too Many

OFG5Jcx.jpg

b5Vo7u8.jpg

XNpKTor.jpg

Tvcz9Vi.jpg

lzkvHv9.jpg

WkFTbjW.jpg

CmVlg0z.jpg

xgy5Spr.jpg

McQhslp.jpg

Z5yn7wR.jpg

eC7FiRz.jpg

DqWnRRY.jpg

Beautiful, just beautiful! Congrats!

When a jacket fits you that perfectly and has a gorgeous design, why not get two of the same leather jacket? I’m seriously considering getting another RC single riders jacket in a different color

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colin G

One Too Many
Super cool jacket dude. The brown is great.

I have been in your situation selling off jackets that were too large and then try and replace. To some it may sound great but it has taken me a year and was a huge pain.

I'm going to Japan in February and one of the jobs on my to-do list is to try and find a Mulholland, or a Caboose or something else equally as cool.

Last edited:

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Perfect in every way, a pair of ace jackets you’ve got there.
I like the black lining contrast too. This jacket works so much better on you than the Aero A-1. The color is a bit dull now but I’m sure it’ll be great with some wear. Congrats!!

Thanks! Yes I am expecting the color to improve over time and either way, everything else about the jacket is so great that I am happy. It certainly does fit me infinitely better than the A1 did.

Great looking jacket and fit congrats !

Thank you so much!

Stunning as always brother!!!!! The perfect jacket. I would also get the same in two different colors with a fit that perfect.
Congrats!!!

Thank you very much. Yeah I really do feel that the fit is perfect which is why I went for a second one.

A couple of beautiful jackets. I love the big collar.

Thank you! Yes I do love the collar. It's my favorite detail on the jacket aside from the overall fit.

Nice jacket. Good motivator to maintain the body size. Countless mornings I’ve gone for a run only because I have a lot of $ tied up in pants.

Haha a good motivator indeed and I actually want to loose another 25lb or so.

Awesome jacket dude. I understand. When you buy the same jacket in a different color you’ve found a special place. Looks friggn brilliant. This is my absolute fave FW pattern. It hits every mark with an exclamation point!

Thanks dude. I really appreciate that. That thread I posted earlier this year in which everyone basically encouraged me to just get another Mulholland due to the fit paid off. It took me a while to finally pull the trigger, but I am quite glad that I did! I love this jacket.

Everything about this jacket looks great, awesome that you could get the pair.

Thanks! Yes, I am thrilled I was able to get it.

Beautiful, just beautiful! Congrats!

When a jacket fits you that perfectly and has a gorgeous design, why not get two of the same leather jacket? I’m seriously considering getting another RC single riders jacket in a different color

Yeah it's worth it to get another fit this good. You definitely should. That jacket fits you brilliantly.

Super cool jacket dude. The brown is great.

I have been in your situation selling off jackets that were too large and then try and replace. To some it may sound great but it has taken me a year and was a huge pain.

I'm going to Japan in February and one of the jobs on my to-do list is to try and find a Mulholland, or a Caboose or something else equally as cool.

It is indeed a process and I haven't even finished dropping the weight yet. Unfortunately, they don't seem to be making the Caboose anymore, but they do still make the black Mulholland consistently. I would suggest going to Desolation Row first.

Top notch in every way and looks amazing on you. Your photos are how I imagine myself to look when I wear my jackets! It's Freewheelers . . . what more is there to say?

Thanks for the kind words! I feel that this jacket model was made for me.

Stunningly beautiful. Have to say I love the contrast lining.

Glad you dig it! I don't, but it's an extremely minor annoyance.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Very nice fit as already said in your black thread. I don't like the brown colour jackets from FW and RM unless it is as dark as the seal colour. Would love to see FW or RM offers those interesting reddish brown or maroon brown like the Rainbow Country.

Mich486

One Too Many
Outstanding jacket. I prefer the fit when you wear it zipped up as it looks a bit too long in the body otherwise.

Good luck with your plans of getting in shape!

Solo

Familiar Face
Wow, those jackets look amazing on you. Beautifully simple, yet with enough subtly that makes them unique. The fit is perfect as well. Although they are the same model, they have completely different vibes. Love the black with denims, brown with chinos and twills. Well done.

JCSD

Practically Family
Love both colors on you. Unlike some of the bigger guys on the forum not every style works with my height and build so fit and cut are very important. The Mulholland is perfection on you and has already filled my head with thoughts of upgrading my Premier Highwayman.

Joining the forum has been a true test of the strength of my marriage and, especially, my wife’s patience.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Very simple, straightforward yet profound. I realy appreciate the myriad simple, yet excellent details on this jacket. I personally do not mind the black lining in that jacket - but it's not mine so I get that you may not like it. It's interesting how it now fits on you so very well. Good job on the weight loss and strength training! I'm in the gym quite a bit these days, and it's helping out as well. Enjoy and wear it in good heath!

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Very nice fit as already said in your black thread. I don't like the brown colour jackets from FW and RM unless it is as dark as the seal colour. Would love to see FW or RM offers those interesting reddish brown or maroon brown like the Rainbow Country.

I do wish they would do some more of those colors, but I do think the dead leaf brown on my Caboose is a great color.

Outstanding jacket. I prefer the fit when you wear it zipped up as it looks a bit too long in the body otherwise.

Good luck with your plans of getting in shape!

Thanks! I think I would prefer it an inch shorter, but it's not a big deal to me.

Wow, those jackets look amazing on you. Beautifully simple, yet with enough subtly that makes them unique. The fit is perfect as well. Although they are the same model, they have completely different vibes. Love the black with denims, brown with chinos and twills. Well done.

Thank you very much!

Love both colors on you. Unlike some of the bigger guys on the forum not every style works with my height and build so fit and cut are very important. The Mulholland is perfection on you and has already filled my head with thoughts of upgrading my Premier Highwayman.

Joining the forum has been a true test of the strength of my marriage and, especially, my wife’s patience.

Thanks! I do think this fits me very well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider