Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

French cuff shirts

In the past few years i've drifted back towards the barrel cuff (at one point i owned none, and was entirely a double-cuff man). I now have about half and half barrel and double cuff shirts. I find that some days i just want the shirt hugging my wrist in the way that the barrel cuff can offer that the double just cannot. And other days i want the extra freedom of movement offered by the double cuff.

Mix it up gents ... mix it up. Variety is the spice of life!

bk

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Baron Kurtz said:
I now have about half and half barrel and double cuff shirts.

I'm about there, as well. Generally, suits merit a double cuff and everything less, a barrel cuff.

Wolfmanjack

Practically Family
I wear both

Being something of a traditionalist, I wouldn’t consider my wardrobe complete without shirts with double cuffs, as well as some with barrel cuffs. I prefer soft oxford cloth button-down collars and barrel cuffs with my tweed sport coats and other country/campus wear. With my DB and SB suits for business/city wear, I like a lightly-starched poplin fabric with a Windsor spread collar and double cuffs.

221b

Familiar Face
Mix it up

I agree with mixing it up. I wear button cuffs to work because I dont wear a coat, too dressy for my office:rage: , but I love the Double cuffs with my suits.:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran