Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

From the Hills of Beverly -- Jack Taylor

Tomasso said:
I've seen the RLPL(SA) made up in 15 oz. flannel, at the Mansion, and it was very well done. As you noted, the heavier cloths are a tailors dream. I would mention that the RLPL MTM program(SA) has received some less than flattering reviews but that seems to be due to RL's shortcomings, not SA's. If you want SA MTM you would probably be best served going through Bergdorf Goodman(I believe they still carry SA).

These days, all of the top RTW makers, with the exception of Oxxford, offer ridiculously skimpy trousers. IMO, Oxxford makes the finest trouser available today, RTW, MTM or bespoke.

I assume bespoke excludes all Italian bespoke tailors worldwide (among them, Augusto Caraceni Milano, Domenico Caraceni Roma, Ferdinando Caraceni Milano, Rubinacci Milano and Rubinacci Napoli), all other Mainland European Non-Italian bespoke tailors worldwide (among them, Georges De Paris, who came to the USA from France), all Japanese bespoke tailors worldwide (among them, Cheo tailors who came to the USA from Japan) and English bespoke tailors such as Ozwald Boateng and Andrew Ramroop/Maurice Sedwell (both of whom, of course, are official Savile Row bespoke tailors-and ultra proud of it). Because everything all of these bespoke tailors make is better to much than everything Oxxford makes (which, itself is excellent, better to far better than all RTW, MTO and MTM, including Attolini, Brioni Kiton and Zegna).

MK said:
Close to 3k.

To be precise, Jack Taylor's bespoke suits currently start at $2,970, last I heard. He was born sometime during the first 181 days of 1922, IIRC.

Also, last I heard, Giacomo Trabalza’s bespoke suits started at $4,590 before he passed away in early March of 2009 (where his tailoring operation went out of business forever without replacement, IIRC). If Giacomo Trabalza's tailoring operation did, in fact go out of business forever when he passed away about 16 months ago, that is, indeed, extremely sad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner