Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: 1920's Borsalino fu Lazzaro, 7 1/8

fluteplayer07

One Too Many

For your consideration is a 1920's Borsalino fu Lazzaro, size 7 1/8. It's a milk white felt, with a black ribbon. The sweatband is original. When I purchased it, the felt was extremely dusty, to the point that it coated the fingers with powder. After over an hour of extensive brushing, most of the dust has been removed. I was planning on sending it to Art for a cleaning and reblocking, but I was told the sweatband would need to be replaced. This is the single rarest hat I have ever owned in over a year of collecting... I decided that sacrificing the sweat was not worth it to merely satisfy my own desires.

So, I offer this hat for sale to the hat collector, on condition that it will be displayed, and not worn; or, if it is to be worn, no part of it be altered. If I wanted it to be renovated, it would be on my head. Instead, this is offered for sale to complete a collection. It is the opinion of many that a hat is meant to be worn; if you want a hat to wear that looks like this, there are many custom hat makers that would be happy to make one like this; it is my belief that this hat should be preserved as is.

I will sell it for about what I paid for it: $125 ($90 to buy it, $10 each way to send it to Art for evaluation).

More pics upon request, but I'm not going to mess around more with Imageshack tonight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran