Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: 1930's and 1940's sewing patterns

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
analiebe said:
if you'll post first class to melbourne, australia i'd absolutely love simplicity 2551 & hollywood 991
I'll put them on hold for you and find out how much to ship them.

zendy

A-List Customer
mail order 3773 please :)
Analiebe, if you decide against hollywood 991 because of shipping, i'd like to snag it.

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
kamikat, be careful using the word 'selling' on your flickr. They don't like that, and I know of people who have had their accounts disappear without warning because the flickr folks suspected they were using their images to make sales.
You might want to edit the description so you're only showcasing the patterns, and leave any talk of selling to the forums where you share the link.

Oh, and if I buy a pattern, will you make it for me? ;)

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
ThesFlishThngs said:
kamikat, be careful using the word 'selling' on your flickr. They don't like that, and I know of people who have had their accounts disappear without warning because the flickr folks suspected they were using their images to make sales.
You might want to edit the description so you're only showcasing the patterns, and leave any talk of selling to the forums where you share the link.

Oh, and if I buy a pattern, will you make it for me? ;)

Thanks for the warning. I hadn't heard of that and I've sold things this way before. I'll edit the title of the flickr set.
I generally don't sew for others. I used to be a professional, but have gotten out of the business.

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
Some of my Etsy friends lost their flickr accounts that way. I'm still not clear on whether using Etsy as a tag will get you in trouble, but anything that suggests you're selling can get you deleted. And without any warning, which sucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy