Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS 1974 Doug Hayward Suit - Rare Opportunity

yorkshirechap

Familiar Face
Hi,

I have for sale a very special Douglas Hayward Suit from 1974. It is in a lovely wool pinstripe, John G Hardy and in excellent condition.

Pictures of the jacket are here.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/35364759@N08/sets/72157626196806624/
If you would like to see the trousers before I get a chance to upload them please let me know.

I've set out the basic info below.

Description Very dark navy/black with silver grey pinstripe
In J G Hardy fabric
Jacket Description Single breasted 2 button front, 3 button cuff with 2 working, twin rear vent, 3 outside & 3 inside pockets
armpit to armpit 23”
shoulder to cuff 24.5”
shoulder to shoulder 18.5”
armpit to cuff 17”
top collar to hem 32”
chest 42”
across waist 20.5”
Trouser description Flat front with French front pockets and 2 back pockets 2 button side adjusters to give variable waist, metal zip fly
trouser waist 35/37”
inside leg 32”
outseam 43”
trouser hem width 9.5”
extra material on leg 1.75”
Back pockets no buttons
Faults Some marks on sleeve lining

This really is a great suit that I was hoping to wear myself but had to come to the conclusion that I'm just not going to get down to the size :mad:

Details of Doug Hayward can be found by googling him, he really was the suit maker to the stars including Michael Caine, Roger Moore and Terence Stamp

I may be putting the suit on Ebay but not yet.

If anyone is interested I would be willing to sell this suit for £300, about $450 (I'll work out the correct conversion if needed), plus postage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sandkissed