Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: 40s Half Belt Jacket, Unknown Maker

2-or-more

New in Town
This beautiful half belt is back for sale. It turned out too big for me because of a careless error by @semolina_pilchard . The chest actually measures 61cm or 24". I paid $250 and that´s what I am asking too. PP family and friends. I don´t have a major reputation or a post count here but I have sold plenty at Grailed. Please, ask for more info if needed. Here you can see the measurements as I would take them. Other than the picture of the chest measurement was taken properly. Very beautiful jacket nonetheless.
IMG_2217.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2218.jpg
    IMG_2218.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_2219.jpg
    IMG_2219.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_2220.jpg
    IMG_2220.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_2221.jpg
    IMG_2221.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 79

semolina_pilchard

One of the Regulars
A rather unnecessary comment that likely doesn’t provide a good reference for you as a buyer @2-or-more

I thought we had agreed to disagree regarding this. It’s hardly my fault that it doesn’t fit you, I did my best to provide photos with measurements and we discussed this at length via messages.

Sorry @semolina_pilchard I didn't ment to offend you. What did offend you?
Probably the part where you tagged him for a “careless” mistake. The original listing photos show a small (IMO insignificant) difference from yours. So rather than blame a couple centimeters and call it careless on the sellers part, simply repost the jacket b/c it doesn’t fit.

2-or-more

New in Town
@ton312 Yes, it must be that. What I ment was, he didn't do it on purpose as we discussed privately. So the jacket must have been accidentaly folded. And in my books that's a careless mistake. I didn't ment to hurt anyone or make this a biggie.

What I ment was: the jacket is up for grabs for 250usd.

AHP91

Practically Family
Kind of a noob here but how are you guys able to date this to the 1940s? Just the zipper?

Interested though.

Talon zipper is a reliable dating method. Overall pattern of the jacket, lining, sleeve configuration, etc. not too easy to find a jacket this size from that era.

rifkinbp

New in Town
Talon zipper is a reliable dating method. Overall pattern of the jacket, lining, sleeve configuration, etc. not too easy to find a jacket this size from that era.
Got it. Thank you.

Could sleeves be shortened on this thing or would that be blasphemy? All other measurements look right.

AHP91

Practically Family
Got it. Thank you.

Could sleeves be shortened on this thing or would that be blasphemy? All other measurements look right.

Sleeves on leather jackets are generally one of the easiest modifications, particularly shortening. I have not done so myself, but I know this to be true. Not necessarily cheap to alter leather in this way but it’s not crazy either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner